“Clean, quiet room”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Townliner Motel

Townliner Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Washington Island
Townliner Motel
Ephraim, Wisconsin
“Clean, quiet room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

I was in Room 8, which has a spacious bathroom, walk-in shower, 2 queen beds, refrigerator and coffee maker. The TV has limited reception. There are 2 grills on the property if you want to have a picnic. Bring your own hair dryer and iron. The WiFi reception is excellent in my room. That was great since I was on a business trip. The room is clean. The only drawback was a soft mattress. The office is across the street at the liquor store- there's also soft drinks available there. It is in walking distance to the main street shops. Overall, it's a very good place to stay for a reasonable price. I will be returning!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Dawn V

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2010

We recently visited Washington Island, we decided to spend the night and picked the Townliner Motel it was very clean, quiet and felt right at home!!!!!!! The kids loved the big yard to run around in!!!! The prices were alot more reasonable then other places on the island, if we go back we will be staying there again!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
7 Thank buddy162
Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2010

The rooms are extremely clean and spacious for a "small town motel". Our room had a king sized bed, small kitchen table with two chairs, two nightstands, a small desk, dorm fridge, and a small dresser. The room had a small window in the bathroom and a small window facing the sidewalk. The units with a kitchenette in them have a large picture window and screen door, so if natural light is a "must" you might want to go with one of those.

I'm glad I threw my hair dryer in my suitcase as there wasn't one in the room (unless it was in the dresser drawers). Counter space in the bathroom was at a premium - there was only about 4 inches of vanity on each side of the sink. Our unit had enough room that it would've been nice to have a shelf or two over the towel bar to put our toiletry bags on so they were out of the way.

The low rating on the sleep quality is due to room #6 having a very firm mattress and I don't sleep well on hard surfaces. :)

Overall, the Townliner is reasonably priced and centrally located to most of the Island attractions/businesses. This was our second trip to the Island - hopefully won't be our last.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
5 Thank michmill
Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2008

We have stayed at the Townliner seven times in six seasons. Once in a standard room, once in the "house" which is actually a spacious two bedroom apartment in the building, and several times in the one bedroom units.

I have hesitated to make this post, because I don't want to be run out of a room in the future, but here goes.

Located in the center of the Island, the Townliner lets you park the car literally at the door of this wonderful mom and pop place, walk across the street to check in, then open the door to your spotlessly clean room or apartment, and relax.

From there you can walk to several restaurants and bars, the handful of stores, the golf course, and the church. And for the more hardy, you can walk a little farther to the Red Cup Coffehouse and the Albatros hamburger joint, a mile and a half each way. That walk is a great way to start the day.

But back to the Townliner. Mac, Jim and Marsha run a friendly and comfortable operation. The kitchen units are fully equipped, right down to filled salt and pepper shakers, paper towels, coffee filters, pots and pans, flatware, dishes, and probably a bottle of dish soap. If you still need something, they will find it for you. My wife and I believe it would be entirely possible to live there.

And, like I said above, it's close enough to food, drink and entertainment to leave your car, walk a couple of blocks, and stagger home.

I love this place, which is open year round. It's not fancy, just basic, but clean, quiet and well run. The deck, picnic tables and shared grills guarantee you will meet your neighbors. And I love going to Washington Island.

I hope I haven't given the impression you can do the Island without a car. There are more than one-hundred miles of paved roads on the Island. You will need wheels. But the Townliner is might convenient.

• Liked — Location, value, friendliness
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
#9 of 17 in Sister Bay
Open Hearth Lodge
Open Hearth Lodge
#3 of 17 in Sister Bay

Been to Townliner Motel? Share your experiences!