“Not as good as expected”

Fragrant Isle Lavender Farm & Shop
More attraction details
Owner description: Fragrant Isle Lavender Farm is the first and largest of its' kind on Washington Island and ranks as one of the Midwest's premier lavender farms. Fragrant Isle is home to 14,000 thriving lavender plants. The Shop at Fragrant Isle Lavender features nearly 100 luxurious products made from Fragrant Isle's very own harvested lavender buds and essential oils. From head to toe there are products sure to please the most discerning customer. Fragrant Isle Lavender is the only lavender farm on Washington Island where guests may enjoy luncheon service. Le Petit Bistro also offers an array of tempting pastries and desserts and our ever popular ice cream. Come prepared to relax on the patio, sip a glass of wine and enjoy the beautiful view!
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We had expected to see fields and fields of lavender growing at this attraction but were disappointed. They did have a couple of fields. Yes, they have a shop with many products containing lavender, but they were all from France. I was told they would start producing their own lavender products next year but didn't say what it would be. It will be several years before we spend $52 again on the ferry to get to Washington Island to visit that shop, maybe by then it will really be what they say it is now.

3  Thank marylou44
FragrantIsle, Associate at Fragrant Isle Lavender Farm & Shop, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Sorry you were disappointed. Our four existing fields are all growing nicely and will be in bloom July/August 2014. While we do import several of our products from France - the homeland of production lavender - we also produce many of them right here and will be expanding our product line of fine lotions, soaps and culinary products as our plants continue to mature.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Took a trip out to Washington Island to check out this gem of a shop-and was I ever impressed! This is a hidden treasure well worth the trip. Not only did the shop smell heavenly, but they had the most expansive collection of lavender products I have ever seen. The staff was very friendly & answered all of my questions with a smile. Can't wait until the website is fully functional so I can order my fav items from Chicago!

1  Thank Dawn F
Reviewed June 18, 2013

when you walk in the smell is wonderful, we had some lavender geloto and we didn't no you could do that much with this plant.

1  Thank rcgrammie
Reviewed May 29, 2013

The Lavender Shop smells amazing before you even walk inside! They had just planted the lavender, but I'd love to see it again once it starts to grow. The shop had some very cute and unique items, though I wish they had more of a selection. I can't wait for them to be making products with their own lavender in the future. Had some lavender gelato, which was pretty good.

1  Thank Dawn B
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Not a very friendly lady, I guess too busy to say hello when we walked in. Lots of lavender products, cute shop, but I wasn't a fan. Sorry.

5  Thank Antiquelover2

We're sorry too. We want all our visitors to have a positive experience and feel badly that you didn't. Hope you'll give us another opportunity.