“Plain Old Ice Cream”
Review of Albatross Drive-In

Albatross Drive-In
Cuisines: American
Description: Order at window. Outside seating. Burgers, chicken, etc. and plenty of ice cream
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Alby's, as it's referred to by locals, serves up burgers that sounded delicious, but we had already eaten. We stopped there shortly before leaving the island for some ice cream which sounded really good at the time.

I got just a simple strawberry shake and with the $6.50 it cost me, I was expecting something spectacular so was disappointed when it tasted just like the same old shake you'd get at McDonald's. I love ice cream, but there was nothing about this ice cream that justified paying $6.50.

Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

The menu may come off as a bit pricey, but let's face it, you're on an island! For what you pay the food quality is WELL worth it. Premium burgers and hot dogs!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

This is a must stop for us on our trips to the island. The hamburgers and milkshakes are wonderful. Sitting at the picnic tables with other folks adds to the experience.

2  Thank Gerry D
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Enjoyed our stop at the "Alby" as it's nick named. Huge portions of everything and something for everyone. Very family friendly, and family owned.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

My Family and I all ordered the Alby burger and it was one of the best Burgers I've ever tasted. Very juicy and good. This is not fast food, it takes awhile to get your order, but it is worth the wait. We will be back for sure.