“A good time”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Good for: Bar scene
Reviewed August 11, 2013

My husband and I stopped here for lunch and some beers after biking the island. The waitress was really friendly and the burgers were delicious. Had a great time talking to some of the locals. Will definitely go back next year!

1  Thank Jodi B

Reviewed August 9, 2013

There are two dining rooms at K. K. Fiske. The "inside" one (in the back) is rather pleasantly rustic. The menu is basic: soup, salad, sandwich, grilled fish, grilled fish sandwich. The service is glacial, so always make sure that you have the newspaper with you or a group of really talkative friends to keep you from thinking about your food.

Two things listed on the menu always draw me in: lawyers (a type of fish) and the fish boil (a Door County tradition). Unfortunately, when I've been at K. K. Fiske, they've never had any lawyers and the fish boil has been cancelled due to a lack of fish. So, I've struck out the few times I've been there.

Nonetheless, it's one of the better places to eat out on Washington Island.

2  Thank HarperMKE
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Being from Milwaukee, we "tourists" have no problems hanging with the locals. From the time we walked in and met Brenda until the time we walked out and hugged Brenda! Great time and I highly suggest stopping in for a cold beverage. Great atmosphere and wonderful friendly people all around!

1  Thank osteoblue
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Want to support one of the island's last remaining fishing families, and have a wonderful meal too? This is your spot. If you can make a fishboil, do. The fresh fish is tender and scrumptious, with lovely potatoes and onions and homemade bread. My husband loves the lawyers -- another lake fish. The desserts are homemade too. This isn't a fancy place, but feels great. Homey and warm. And have an island wheat beer while you're there -- it is made with the islands own wheat.

2  Thank upstate38
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We went to KK Fiske's two times during our visit. Both times our food was good and the service was fantastic. The first night I had the fried shrimp and my husband had a burger. They were both good. The second night we had the fried whitefish which was excellent - and a surprisingly delicious hot fudge sundae. There are always locals around - so you can have a nice visit and get to know some of the islanders while you are there.

2  Thank MaxdogMadison