“OK food, terrible service”

KK Fiske Restaurant & The Granary
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Good for: Bar scene
Wisconsin
“OK food, terrible service”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

The staff couldn't decide if they were still serving breakfast or were on to lunch. At first we were told it was still breakfast, so we had the kids get ready to order breakfast. When the waitress came, she said breakfast was over. The kids were disappointed, and it was a pain to get them to switch gears. The waitress was not at all apologetic for the confusion, and the food was slow to be delivered.

Visited September 2011
3 Thank UsuallyHappyCamper

BERKELEY
“Have the lawyer fish -- excellent!”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We tried ALL the fish. I liked the lawyers the best. They were fresh, well-prepared, and served with a smile. The atmosphere was relaxed and inviting. I'll go back.

• Visited August 2011
3 Thank FRIEDA K
Eagan, Minnesota
“Washington Island's very own Old Country Buffet. With fish.”
Reviewed August 30, 2011

We ate in desperation and needed something within walking distance. (We biked to Washington Island from Sturgeon Bay and once we get off, we don't plan to bike shoe up and get sweaty riding to dinner)

So. We dropped into KK Fiske. The sign out front advertised "fish boil tonight" and because we've never had a fish boil, and because we were in Door County, we though - hey, this'll be GREAT!

All I can say is what the? I've never had a blander, boring, unfulfilling meal in my life. I've never been in prison, but this is how I imagine it to be. I emptied both the salt and pepper shakers out in unsuccessful attempt to get my meal to taste like........something.....anything. Not much of a beer or wine list to wash your bland meal down with either.

I'm not sure that the service was much better as we had to beg for attention. The server seemed too frightened by actual humans to trust waiting on them.

So my advice is bring your own food on your next trip to Washington Island unless someone can prove it can be obtained at another dining establishment on the island. Legend has it that there's not much choice. I hope you fare better!

• Visited August 2011
7 Thank 26pt2runner
Rochester, New York
“Mixed review”
Reviewed July 6, 2011

I loved my breakfast! While the food was fantastic the waitress was not. You know customer service skills are lacking when the waitress tells you to pick a table and when you don't pick the 1st available table she tells you to stop because it is too far to walk! The meal took a long time and I don't mind waiting but I really did not want to hear anymore of the overloud conversation from a table of locals that appeared to be hanging out well after there meal was done.

Visited July 2011
3 Thank cruisefar
Wahoo, Nebraska
“Eat the lawyer fish!”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

KK is a great place because of the fact that Ken goes out and catches fresh fish daily that he serves in the restaraunt. The fish is only available if he catches enough of it, so its a great thing due to how fresh all the fish is. You need to eat some lawyer fish to appreciate the visit to Washington Island. It tastes great, and its a nice place to eat and socialize.

• Visited June 2011