“Nothing special”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Ate lunch here. My wife had a brat sandwich with fries. I had a perch sandwich with fried cheese curds. The brat was boiled, which my wife did not care for. My perch sandwich was fair. I'm not sure how to get perfectly uniform triangular-shaped patties from perch. The cheese curds were no better than average. On the plus side, the service was quick and friendly, and the prices were not bad. But not a place I'd go back to.

1  Thank RBWCSW

Reviewed October 30, 2013

This is absolutely the best restaurant on Washington Island. All the meals are made from scratch with fresh vegetables. Thursday night chicken is the best fried chicken you will ever eat. Sometimes they run out but their other food is so good you will always find something on the menu from Walleye to hand breaded shrimp and steaks or pasta dishes. We were there on a Saturday in the fall and they had these incredible lobster stuffed shrimp and they were amazing. The staff was very friendly and service was just right. Can't wait to go back there next fall.

1  Thank 684CurlySue2
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We were told by a local that this was the best restaurant on the island for Fish Fry and a "nice meal". There were 10 of us for dinner and the food was amazing. My dinner salad was fresh, with homemade dressing. I got the Lemon Chicken Risotto, it was so good I finished my entire plate. We got a relish tray to start and then fresh hot bread too. The rest in my party all got the fish fry of pearch or cod, it was all you could eat and everyone enjoyed it. The basement is a bit dated, but that is all part of the charm here. Do not come hear expecting something fancy, but do expect to be treated like family, and leaving full. This is our dinner place the next time we are back on the Island.

2  Thank Tabitha77
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I have never in my life experienced what I did here. I didn't get my whole meal. The wait staff was rude to me and my kids. We asked for refill several times and never got it. Never got our dessert we ordered. Didn't get our salad we ordered. It took 2 hours to get our food. This was way beyond island pace. I can do island pace. I would highly recommend never to go here. There are plenty of other places to go.

2  Thank Becky R
Reviewed June 1, 2013

The Cellar offers a nightly vegetarian special as well as other vegetarian entrees on its menu. Last night we had a fabulous dish of fettuccine, mushrooms and fresh asparagus which was locally grown. The pasta was perfectly cooked as were the vegetables. It was glazed lightly with olive oil and a hint of garlic and basil and came with freshly grated Parmesan on the side. Perfection! While they offer the traditional steaks, chicken and fish, it is nice to know that there are also delicious vegetarian options.

2  Thank Julie L