“No better Valentine Dinner” 5 of 5 bubbles

DaLou's Bistro
Ranked #2 of 16 Restaurants in Washburn
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Washburn, Wisconsin, United States
“No better Valentine Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

We had the most incredible dinner at Dalou's this evening. Emma had the fresh Atlantic salmon, with a preserved lemon and balsamic glaze, roasted in the wood oven and proclaimed it the best salmon ever! I had the snails with garlic herb butter and crostini and it was superb! For my taste it could have done with a little more garlic, but in any case, no complaints from me! For dessert we had the Creme Brullee - two portions, one vanilla and one lavender - oh my! And our enchanting server Heather made the evening complete. This evening was a meal that could stand against any we have had anywhere, even in France or Italy! What a pleasure to have such a wonderful eatery in our small town of Washburn! If you ever come this way you cannot afford not to visit Dalou's!

• Visited February 2013
3 Thank Graysteg

Shakopee, Minnesota
“Great pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us by the staff at Enso Spa in Bayfield, and we were not disappointed. It was as good a wood-fire pizza as we can remember having, and their salads and gelatos were fantastic

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank JanetteandDavid
North Prairie, Wisconsin
“Worth it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

This is some of the best brick oven pizza I have ever had. Also enjoyed the salad special of the night that had a tasty maple vinegrette on it with bartlett pears.... I am drooling now.... then finished off dinner with a latte... as pleasing to the eye as it was to drink... and some lavendar gelato. The best pizza in town!

Visited November 2012
3 Thank born2_fly63
Bayfield, Wisconsin
“Best pizza outside Italy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

This is authentic wood fired pizza. I am an Italian from the East Coast, have been to Rome and other Italian destinations and I can assure you this is the best pizza you will ever eat outside of Italy.

They also serve some great salads, and offer a modest wine list. Service is friendly though sometimes a bit slow. A favorite of locals and tourists alike.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Joanne C
“Delectable!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

This place has ruined all other pizza for me! The pizza special was fantastic and the Ti Amo was amazing! The salad special was crisp and fresh. Then to top it all off we split a piece of banana cream pie with homemade caramel and I had a great cup of coffee. Dale and Louie care about good food and it shows! I wish I lived in Washburn so I could eat there all the time!

• Visited October 2012