“Overpriced”
Review of The Bog - CLOSED

The Bog
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Bog Is locally owned and operated by Jose Vargas an Army Veteran, Voulnteer Fire Fighter and Village Board Trustee. The Bog is ran similar to a non-profit and all money earned above operation cost is donated back to community, All food is prepared fresh to order and prepared in house. Homemade Pasta dishes, Fresh Cut Steaks, Hand Patty burgers, Fresh beer Battered Cod and much more. The Bog will meet your needs and hopefully exceed them, We are all humans and mistakes do happen, but at the Bog if something isn't right and if your polite and honest with us we Promise you will leave full, and with a smile!
Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

We dined at the Bog on the weekend of the Canberry Festival in Warrens. I ordered a T-bone which was advertised as 16 0zs. In actuality, it was closer to 10 ozs and approximately 1/2 was fat and as well as being very tough. The provided steak knife was barely up to the challenge

Reviewed September 9, 2012

We ate there 2 times. One for supper and the other for breakfast. The food was excellent and the omelet i had for breakfast was the best on ever. The wait staff were excellent also. Hope to go back again. The only downside was they open for breakfast at 10 am, a little on the late side.

2  Thank ZigZagMarion_Mi
Reviewed July 26, 2012

The Bog provided an unpretentious atmosphere to enjoy a meal with my family when we visited BRF this summer. The food was simple and appetizing. The restaurant was having a Senior Citizens day when we visited where patrons just donated what they could to eat a nice lunch. I don't live in BRF but was inspired by their care of and commitment to their community

1  Thank riskofdefects
Reviewed July 26, 2012

This restaurant was a smaller venue but the food was very good. We went on a Saturday night, so we thought it might be a little busy. There weren't too may people there but they were rather backed up and we had to wait 45 minutes for our order to come (I think they had only one cook that night), but the food was good.

Would definitely dine here again.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

In numerous trips up and down I-94, we've wondered about this place as we zoomed by; returning from a weekend trip last evening, we decided to give it a try, and were very pleased with the decision. The rustic look of the interior leads to a very relaxed atmosphere, which to us is ideal with an hour still to go (of a 6+ hour trip). Our waitress was very friendly and informative (even noticing that my wife and I were trying to check some things on our iPhones, and informing us that the building is rather "internet-proof", but that most get a decent signal outside.) My steak sandwich was excellent, my wife's fish was good (I will have the same next time, but she said she'd try something different). Prices were very reasonable. Another plus for travelers: They're open 7 days a week (a real plus for us, we we often do our "weekend" visits to kids Sat-Mon to avoid heavier traffic on Fridays and Sundays).

1  Thank ClearWater62