“Great food in Wabeno”
Review of The Art of Coffee - CLOSED

The Art of Coffee
Cuisines: Seafood, International, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Big Easel Gallery and Bistro is a Fine Art Gallery, Bistro and Wine Bar. Our gallery features artworks by Wisconsin Artists, and we also often have live acoustic music. Please also look for our additional venue, the Arts Emporium and Essenhaus, also in Wabeno.
Florence, KY
“Great food in Wabeno”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

My mom has been going to the Big Easel and Bistro for a few years and always tells me about their meals, music and art. It's a great surprise to find a place like this in the Northwoods. The menu changes and revolves around a theme. When I was there, the menu was Argentinian food and everything was a taste treat! I had the vegan meal that was served in a compartmentalized dish that made it fun, because it was like sampling a variety of foods. Everything on my plate was tasty and I loved the sangria! You have to try this place! While you're waiting for your food, you can view the artwork of local artists and hear some great music! You can view upcoming menus on the Wabeno Arts Consortium blog - http://wabenoartsguild.blogspot.com/

The restaurant is just off Hwy. 32 - 1784 Maple Ave. It feels like you're walking into the back door of someone's house, but you'll be in the right place.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Jinnyus

chetek
“What a nice suprise”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Growing up in northeast WI, you learn not to look too hard for gourmet meals. It was a great surprise to come across The Art of Coffee a few miles from the family cabin. This is a great place!! The atmosphere here is amazing. There is beautiful art all over the place. The last time I was there we were treated to live music, a gentleman playing guitar and singing folk tunes. He even took requests. The meals here are incredible and suprisingly cheap. We had lunch which consisted of a main dish and around four or five side dishes. The cost of the meal was around $9! They also serve great coffee (as their name implies). They also have artisan breads for sale, although last time we were there they were sold out. I would highly recommend. The only minor problem is that it is a little difficult to figure out how to get into the building (back door) and they have limited hours.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank prairiedave
Chicago
“A total gem in the Northwoods! Worth a trip.”
Reviewed September 26, 2011

Amazing atmosphere with lots of beautiful art and fantastic live music, incredible people, superb food & wine. It's a gem in the Northwoods!
My family lives a few towns over, so I had previously been here for an art showing and had a great time. The proprietors, Tim and Connie, have now opened up their beautiful estate as not just an art gallery, but as a coffee/wine bar and are serving the most wonderful food as well. I went this past weekend with my mom and Aunt for dinner and we had the best time! I felt like I was back in Europe with all of the amazing flavors, wonderful smells, artwork, and other patrons who were friendly and well-traveled. I can't wait to go back to try their coffees, pastries, artisan breads and Tim's famous pizzas! It is definitely worth a visit.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank Chicagotraveler76
Wabeno, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A wonderful gallery of WI art and coffee served by the most wonderful artists”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Still awaiting their licensing to serve food and wine, I couldn't really rate the food yet. The Art of Coffee is open on Saturdays from 11-4 serving coffee with complementary snippets of food. We can hardly wait for the full treatment. We found the gallery atmosphere enthralling and the proprietors' service incredibly warm and welcoming. What a wonderful addition to a beautiful area of our state. There will be an outdoor art event called 'Picasso Week-end" at the end of July. We're hoping to sample wine and food at that event if not before. Check it out.

• Visited June 2011
Appleton, WI
“All the splendor of stepping back in time combined with the flair of art and international travel!”
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Happening upon the Art of Coffee - totally by accident - changed our whole weekend and "up north" experience. Starting with the gorgeous old house, we went in to discover amazing art, fresh bread & cafe mochas (seriously?!), and the best part.... meeting Connie and Tim. They are world travelers, talented artists, great conversationalists...and just salt of the earth folks. Their hospitality and talent go hand-in-hand to create a unique experience for visitors. I can't wait to visit the future wine bistro in the vintage trailer and spend more time with Tim and Connie! Visit this place and soak it in! - Rochelle