“Great little place in a great little town (or city??)”
Review of Driftless Cafe

Driftless Cafe
Ranked #1 of 20 Restaurants in Viroqua
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Fusion
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We had yummy panini's here and I want to go back to try the pizza! The food was fresh and natural and the atmosphere was comfy and very casual. Like that you can get tea here or a beer! Nice selection!

1  Thank llamenda
There are newer reviews for Driftless Cafe

Reviewed October 12, 2012

If you've had enough fried bar food and are looking for something fresh, stop by the Driftless Cafe in Viroqua, WI. Fresh food, nice beer selection, and a crunchy cozy vibe. It really is a community gathering place.

2  Thank Collinhas2lls
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This unassuming cafe on a side street holds part of mystique of this healthy, organic-focused corner of Wisconsin called Viroqua. Step into the Driftless Cafe, and as you seat yourself, you can't but help catch its friendly, hip, organic and casual air. During our Saturday night visit, the place was busy but we didn't need to wait for a table. Our server was perky, fit and accomodating. The owner, John, noticed my husband and I studying a map. While we waited for our order to arrive, he came over to our table to find out where we were from and had a nice chat together. Just another example of the friendliness and openness of the people of Viroqua.

The Driftless Cafe menu lists where all the restaurant's ingredients come from -- a healthy roll call of local, organic and sustainable sources. We started our meal with a great kale and potato soup. Wholesome and delicious. The side salad was a work of visual art including local, fresh and organic greens and celery the most intensely deep hue of green we've ever seen. Our waitress told us it was Amish celery. Amish settlements dot the driftless area throughout southwestern Wisconsin. For the entree, we shared a hearty plate of fettucine alfredo topped with a salmon filet. It was one of three special entrees of the evening, besides a vegetarian green curry and another pasta topped with a rich beef and pork sauce. Most other choices focus mainly on pizzas with a host of toppings. We also enjoyed organic beer made locally through the use of solar power. Amazingly, I didn't experience the least headache or hangover from it.

Really felt at home at the Driftless Cafe, with food that tastes and looks fabulous, and is good for you, too. We'll surely return the next time we visit Viroqua.

2  Thank arriveanddepart
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Eating gluten free in a restaurant is always intimidating, but since I had success on my first meal at the Driftless Cafe, I had two more meals there on our visit. The wait staff is so attentive and accommodating that they remembered my dietary restrictions and had suggestions for me. The Cafe fills up quickly and it is super busy, but the staff is always friendly and the food is incredible! One day I even went out on a limb and ordered gluten free pizza. I haven't had any in the Chicago area that I like, but this was amazing! Nutritious, delicious, honest food in a fun setting. The walls display art from local artists that changes every month. There are a lot of good times going on in this restaurant because it is a place the locals meet. It is fun and friendly with amazing good food.

2  Thank nanadel
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Healthy food that tastes good! Friendly wait staff. Great desserts. Beer and wine available. Good family place.

Been to Driftless Cafe? Share your experiences!