“Good food, friendly staff.”

Monte's Grill & Pub
Ranked #6 of 36 Restaurants in Verona
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner
Irving, Texas
“Good food, friendly staff.”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I was staying across the street and decided to try it on recommendation of the hotel staff. The menu was more extensive than i would expect for a sports bar. I tried the bison burger, which was done just right. Bison is easy to make tough if you aren't careful. This one was nicely done.

The staff was great. Extra points to the guy who saw my TCU hat and offered to turn one of the TV's to let me watch the game.

• Visited November 2012

Phoenix, Arizona
“Guest at Holiday Inn Express/they gave me a voucher for Monte's”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

This was a worthwhile visit! I found the place clean, friendly, and close, with a great menu.
I had excellent Buffalo wings and a tasty salad with blue cheese cranberries and pecans. Bartender was friendly and so were the patrons. I will definitely go back and send my friends here.
Shoutout to Jeannie and Terry who really made it fun!

• Visited October 2012
Princeton
“Good Food. Great Service.”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Close to hotel. Friendly staff, and large menu selection. It is nice to walk across from the hotel and have somewhere to eat that has a variety of foods.

Visited October 2012
Madison, WI
“Overpriced, horrible food. Fast food it better than this!”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Our family hasn't had a meal so disappointing in a long time. We were in the mood for fish fry, and checked online for a location. At Monte's the confusion started with the order: The special was a Mahi Mahi with pineapple salsa, and came with Mediterranean veggies. However, looking for the classic fish fry, my husband and I both ordered the highlighted perch fish fry. (Although I asked the waitress if it was highlighted because it was a signature dish, and she said she didn't know it was highlighted. Another point of annoyance: every fish dish on the menu was "Market Price". Like the market for the Cisco truck fluctuates from day to day.) I also asked to substitute the Mediterranean veggies for the coleslaw, and the waitress said that was fine.

When our food arrived, it was a pile of curling fried slivers. Not a single piece of fish was more than about an inch wide and 3-4 inches wide. My mashed potatoes were dry, and instead of the Med veggies, I got a large florette of steamed broccoli. Now, I like broccoli in general, but it didn't have salt, butter, or any sauce - just bland, pre-frozen broccoli. When I questioned why it wasn't the Med veggies, the waitress told me you can only get those with the special. I barely ate any of it, yet it appeared as an additional $2 charge our on bill. So much for substitutions! Had a noticed it before we left, I would have argued, but instead I'll post a review on Trip Advisor. :)

There is no printed kid's menu, but the waitress did say they had some unofficial kids meals. Our kids got mini burgers and fries. The fries were OK, but the burger was on some horrible bun that smushed down to an eighth of an inch think when you picked it up. They ate their fries, but not the burgers, and usually they are good eaters!

All in all, our bill came to nearly $50 with tip. The only reason I'm giving this place two stars is because the staff was really friendly. We will never return again - I've had better fish at Culvers for less than 1/2 the price!

• Visited September 2012
3 Thank TheOnlyJenny
“Good food, great staff”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

The food is pretty good and the staff if awesome. They make you feel welcome and go out of their way to talk with you. The owner and his wife are really great too. Stop in if your in the area and try the spotted cow one of Wisconsin's local beers.