“Keeps going downhill, disappointing”
Review of Gray's Tied House

Gray's Tied House
Ranked #11 of 36 Restaurants in Verona
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Keeps going downhill, disappointing”
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

I have ate here 3-4 times in the last 3 years and every time the food gets worse. I have ate at several restaurants in town many of them fine dining places and am in no way stingy with my money. Prices here need to come way down for quality of food they serve you, especially entrees, mediocre at best. You can get much better food and service for these same prices or cheaper at numerous places in Madison area. Their brewed beer is only positive part now. There is a reason this place is not very busy during the week and even some wkends except for in the bar. Food appetizers are still good but about it. Also we were there the other night and the ductwork above the bar was leaking/dripping into our drinks on the bar. I don't think there was any sense of urgency to get it fixed because u could see tape all over the bottom side which looked like an attempt to patch it but they used scotch tape! The bright spot in service is the male bartender who is always there and always asks if doing okay. I don't know how this place is making any profits but I guess with the overpriced low quality food and a handful of usual customers maybe keep lights on. Just disappointing. Won't be back other than possibly in the bar for a drink.

Sheboygan, Wisconsin
“Good...not Great. Worth a visit.”
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful and clean facility. Family-friendly dining area and menu. On a quiet Monday afternoon, it took a while for initial service and when our waitress finally did arrive she admitted to some confusion over who's table this was. After that, service was prompt and friendly. Food quality was enough above average that we would probably return.

Chicago, Illinois
“Not too impressed .”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We were recommended to this restaurant by the hotel we stayed at. Not very impressed, the food was eh ok. The server we had named Randy was terrible. His tip reflected his lack of care for us. It was on he loud side, big variety of guests. My cobb salad was missing a few things, which my husband had them bring to me. They only serve their own brewed beer, which was very tasty. My husband has a rib eye steak that came with a half of an ear of corn ?? weird. How about a potato. Prices were average, nothing to brag about.

1 Thank travelingparrotheads
Bolingbrook, Illinois
“A Surprise Find At Gray’s Tied House”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Went here for dinner a few weeks ago. We were up in the area biking the Military Ridge Trail. Overall I thought the place was very good. The building was real nice, looked pretty new and had lots of space. Definitely a family type place but they do have a bar area with a decent selection of beer. When the weather is nice they have a covered outdoor eating area. The food was very good and the prices seemed to be reasonable, plus a big selection of items on the menu. Service was very friendly. The place is casual attire but the food is a bit more upscale in general. I will definitely stop in again if in the area.

2 Thank FifiBojangles
Bolingbrook, Illinois
“Great atmosphere, reasonable prices and interesting choices”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

What to choose was the most difficult part of dining here. So many choices. It was between the ahi tuna salad with wasabi dressing and the Edelweiss sandwich (bacon, gouda, munster, apple on sourdough). Went with the salad and was pleased. Will have the other next time I'm up that way. Kind of hard to find if you don't know where you're going, off the highway and on the outskirts of a neighborhood. Busy place with nothing but friendly staff.

Visited May 2013