“Horrible customer service”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Verona
Stevens Point
“Horrible customer service”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I will never stay in a super 8 again, we travel for hockey throughout the year and I will detour the team from this chain..the staff was rude, they lied about accommodations and did nothing to try to fix the mistakes. The owner came and wanted nothing to do with customer service he could care less. Several of the rooms had ice cold showers both mornings, I had to carry my dirty towels down and get clean ones myself because the maid said we had a do not disturb sign out when in reality it was a "make my room super clean" sign and when brought it to the front desk clerks attention she replied "oh, to them that means do not disturb". REALLY???? They looked like they were reading age to me!!?? Horrible that's all I can say, this hotel is putting a marking on your chains name without a doubt!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

4 Thank Heather K
super8verona, Public Relations Manager at Super 8 Verona/Madison, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our facility. I do apologize for the inconveniences you had during your stay. I have spoken to our housekeeping staff and supervisor (all of whom can read) and it was confirmed that you had a do not disturb sign on your door. If the sign was still on your door after all other rooms had been cleaned, your room would not have gotten service. Our housekeeping staff leaves shortly after.

If you have any concerns or question, please feel free to contact our hotel directly @ 608.848.7829

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 10, 2013

The WORST customer service!!! We were traveling w a group and the front desk clerk treated the children horrible, she lied to my face and when I came back down to confront her she admitted it and said "yes I did all I can say is sorry". Three rooms in our block had ice cold showers and, no maid service had to carry our dirty towels to front desk ourselves! The owner came and when I asked to speak w him I was brushed off and he pretended he wasn't listening.........do not do not do not stay in this hotel. We stay in an average of 20 hotel a year and I have never written a review but I felt compelled to do so in this situation because they do not deserve your business..,HORRIBLE!

Room Tip: Horrible customer service
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Hockeymom54481
super8verona, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Verona/Madison, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We do apologize if your stay with us was less than ideal. After speaking with our front desk and housekeeping staff regarding your stay, I was told that there was a “Do Not Disturb” sign on your door resulting in no service to your room.

The children in your group had little adult supervision in our public areas during your stay at our property. Our staff had to constantly stop them from playing hockey and running up and down the hallways. We were getting complaints from other guests who were staying with us that weekend. Our staff like every other hotel is there to see to the accommodations of guests, not to babysit.

Again thank you for taking the time to review our property, please feel free to contact us at 608.848.7829 with any other questions or concerns.

Travelers are raving about these Verona hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Verona
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Madison-Verona
Super 8 Madison South
Super 8 Madison South
#15 of 63 in Madison
Hyatt Place Madison/Verona
Fairfield Inn & Suites Madison Verona
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison Southwest
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Mount Horeb

Been to Super 8 Verona/Madison? Share your experiences!