“Went over and above”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Madison-Verona
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Verona
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I was in town for an Epic class when Draco hit the area. I've never experienced blizzard conditions before! The hotel went out of their way to make us all feel welcome and comfortable. They bought a movie for everyone to watch, made arrangements with local restaurants to bring us food and provided a warm atmosphere to spend a "snow day." My coworker and I spent a good part of the day in the breakfast room and were able to work and study easily. I've stayed here before and have always been pleased. The rooms are so comfy and very clean. The folks that run this hotel are top notch!

Room Tip: I loved being on the 2nd or 3rd floor and looking out the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed December 9, 2012

As always, being greeted by first name when checking in a nice touch. This hotel likely makes most of their money off of the business provided by Epic customers. In return, they really, really go out of their way making your stay effortless and pleasant. Hot breakfast in the morning always makes me happy, the evening reception looked nice, but I didn't stay long enough to enjoy it. The shuttle drivers were super nice and accomodating. There isn't much around the area, but the proximity to Epic makes up for that. Overall, great hotel, nice new rooms, linens, TVs, carpet and furnishings and fantastic staff.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

The Holiday Inn Express in Verona was easy to find and very tidy. The grounds, hotel itself, rooms, etc were very clean and well cared for. The hotel looks quite new. The town was cute and charming. We got in late and as Gold Club members were greeted with snacks and bottles of water and goodies. Breakfast was the standard HI Express fare. This hotel had hot food ready earlier than other hotels I have stayed at so that was a bonus. Well done!

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 13, 2012

My family stayed at the Holiday Inn Express at Verona, Wisconsin, for two nights in November, 2012. We planned for one night, but really liked the hotel and stayed for a second. The hotel was very clean, spacious, and friendly. Our daughters, aged 7 and 9, used the pool and my husband sat in the hot tub. The room itself was really clean, the beds were great, and we hooked onto the free wifi without any problem. The included breakfast is a typical buffet and is served in a large comfortable eating area with room for many families. If we are in this area again we would stay at this hotel again without hesitation.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 1, 2012

The staff went out of their way to help me locate a bag I left at the airport. They stayed with it even when it was ultimately not their problem and did a good job of keeping me from panicking at the possibility of losing my laptop and other personal effects. I have always stayed here on trips to Epic and will in the future reschedule trips if there isn't room availability for this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Online_Relations12, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Madison-Verona, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Thanks so much for the review, Irishgal041969!

We're glad you enjoyed your stay and we're positively thrilled about your kind words for Fausto, Jordan and the rest of our staff. We'll pass on the good news to them!

Regards,
Sam, on behalf of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Verona

Reviewed October 26, 2012

The staff did a wonderful job accomodating me for my wedding day. They were able to put aside a room that my wife and I stayed in the day we got engaged so it menat a lot that they made sure they gave us this same room. We got a cake in the morning but our room was not ready yet, so I left the cake with them while we were getting married and they went ahead and put the cake in our mini-fridge without evening asking them to. Also, they knew i was anxious to get checked into the room so they called me on my cell once the room was ready.

In summary they went out of our way to make our special day a special day. Thank you so much to all the staff.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I only traveled here twice. I traveled to the area a third time and had to stay elsewhere, I felt like I was missing my home away from home. The staff at this hotel are the most friendly I've ever met. Both times I stayed, I got in during the middle of the night and was still greeted with a smile. The shuttle to my training everyday was great. Everything including getting dinner/site seeing is made easy through the great staff at this HIE. They have a book full of local restaurants and the staff is very knowledgeable about making recommendations. The rooms are always clean and in great condition. The internet/tv are great.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Verona
Hyatt Place Madison/Verona
Fairfield Inn & Suites Madison Verona
Super 8 Verona/Madison
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Mount Horeb
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison Southwest
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Madison Central

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Madison-Verona? Share your experiences!