“Affordable and Convenient for Pet Owners”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Madison-Verona
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Verona
Reviewed September 18, 2011

We ended up staying here after not finding a hotel closer to Madison that met our particular interests. Specifically, there were just a few pet-friendly hotels in the area and the Holiday Inn was one of them. We booked online and things were fast and easy when we got there. The location is convenient if you plan to be in Madison but don't want to be close to downtown. The area is quiet and we had no trouble falling asleep. The hotel seemed like it was recently built or remodeled. It had that "smells like new" quality. The guys at the front desk were very friendly and gave us a thick book with area restaurants to choose from. There is a wide variety of places to choose from if you head out to eat. Breakfast was included and I can say it was average, although others will enjoy it if the have a preference for sweets and high fat content food.

There were lots of families with kids when we were there. I suggest you ask for a room away from the swimming pool to avoid the noise coming from there as many children love to play in the water and scream out loud. This only happens during the day and early evening, but can be bothersome to those who want extra restful time.

Our room was spacious and neat. It was clean and had nice decor. It had a flat screen TV with cable. There was also WiFi in the room.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 12, 2011

I made my reservation throught the Holiday Inn website well in advance. I received a confirmation the week of my stay with a higher rate than my original confirmation. I called and was put through to a service center and got nowhere. The next time I looked my reservation was gone. I called the hotel direct and was told it was still there. Before leaving home I looked and there were 2 reservations for me instead of the original one. On my way to the hotel, I called to verify that my rooms were still available and that's when I got my answer. Adam was very helpful and assured me that I had the rooms and he changed the rate to my correct amount...not sure why this had to be so difficult with the previous two individuals.
The hotel is very nice with fantastic bedding. It was full the weekend we stayed and was still very quiet. The breakfast was great and the staff on duty were very helpful.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 14, 2011

We setup a room block at this hotel for our wedding. Our coordinator, Kim, was very helpful and friendly. She made the process simple and painless. Our guests enjoyed their stay, and this was the most convenient hotel for us on our wedding night. We enjoyed the suite that night as well, and also the full hot complimentary breakfast. The hotel is fairly new, everything was very clean. The staff went above and beyond to help us and our guests. We would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Verona area, especially for a wedding room block. Thanks to Kim for your friendly assistance!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Nick B
Reviewed August 13, 2011

i'm a hilton honors member bur recently have been staying in more and more Holiday Inn Express. I started doing this after staying in a top of the line Westin in Philly, then a HIE in New Brunswick, NJ. The HIE was every bit as nice for a 1/3 of the cost.
This was no exception. Just fine. Clean, reasonable, everything worked, desk staff was just fine, breakfast was just fine. Id stay there again in a heartbeat. They did it right.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank chimayred
Reviewed August 11, 2011

You are really taken care of in this place and most convenient if you are visiting Epic. Nearest place to hit the sack after heavy dose of Epic. Monte's gril opposite the hotel is good too. Negative aspect ..far from city center, if you do not have your own transport..you need to shell out 30$ each way to get to Madison city center

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank compdoc69
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Nice hotel, very nice. Hidden treasure. I loved the service, loved accomodations, I have special needs, therefore, everyday comfort of the room is critical for me. The hotel satisfyed it.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank game_changer_3
Reviewed June 24, 2011

I stay at this hotel whenever I participate in the Horribly Hilly Hundreds bike ride in June. Each time I've enjoyed the clean rooms, courteous service and good access to Blue Mounds State Park. The staff is very accomodating for us cycling nerds and that is appreciated. This last time (June 18th), there was a computer glitch that had our room types mixed up. The young gentleman at the front counter was very apologetic and due to the fact that all rooms were booked and our reserved room type was not available, he waived our stay for the night! I will be back to this hotel since they know how to treat the customer right.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank FeelTheRush
Also consider these accommodations in or near Verona
Hyatt Place Madison/Verona
Fairfield Inn & Suites Madison Verona
Super 8 Verona/Madison
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Mount Horeb
Hampton Inn and Suites Madison West
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison Southwest

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Madison-Verona? Share your experiences!