“Worth the Wait!”

Description: On Lake Winnebago between Oshkosh and Fond du Lac
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
“Worth the Wait!”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Ok, so I'm biased, since I've lived near Wendt's my entire life! BUT.. as a kid, the ONLY fish I would ever eat was Wendt's perch. Now, as a grown-up, I've opened up to other options, BUT I still LOVE this perch! And it's not just the fish that's good. Pretty much everything on the menu is a win! They do ribs that are always yummy and I've never had a bad serving of prime rib there. The nice thing now is you can get the perch anytime, not just on Fridays (the way it was when I was a kid). It is a relatively small place, but as I said, it is worth the wait. Summertime is nice because you can wait outside and, as long as the mosquitos aren't bad, enjoy the summer weather along Lake Winnebago. If you find yourself traveling between Oshkosh and Fond du Lac, along Highway 45, and you're thinking of stopping someplace for a bite to eat, without hesitation, I'd tell you to stop here! Heck, stop in even it you aren't hungry! The bartenders are super friendly so just stopping for a drink is always enjoyable too!

• Visited April 2014

Sandusky, Ohio
“Best Perch in Oshkosh!”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Wendt's is an old-time restaurant on the water. Doesn't take great advantage of the location or view, as the parking lot is between the restaurant and the water. Take a stroll along the shore with your beer while you wait for a table. Most of the time in summer, you'll wait. But, it's worth the wait. The food is very good and the perch is the best in the area. Enjoy!

Visited August 2013
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Incredible fish, great service and so much fun!”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

My husband and I along with tons of friends make it a point to eat dinner here at least once during Oshkosh EAA Air Venture. The restaurant is incredibly busy at that time but they put up a huge tent to help with the crowds. The beer is great and the deep fried perch is delectable to say the least. It is a huge wait because it is so busy but the owners and the staff are on it to take care of the patrons needs ASAP which is refreshing. The portions are very good and the quality is amazing. Inside the restaurant is cozy and uplifting with all the great things on the walls. The bar tenders are upbeat and everyone seems to enjoy working there and they show it. This year even the owners grandchildren were called upon to help with the service. We even got to meet a professional Walleye fisherman who has his own TV show and he eating at Wendt's so that should speak loudly for the quality of the fish and the other food. It is such a cool place with a view of Lake Winnebago sort of. (across the big parking lot). It's definitely worth the stop if your in the area. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank praedewald
Houston
“Yummy Stuff”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

My husband and I ate here on a Sunday while touring Lake Winnebago. The restaurant is small and cozy, half dining room and half bar. There is also a large outdoor area with tables. It was a beautiful, sunny day and we had a lovely, unobstructed view of the lake from our table inside. The Packers were playing and the locals were gathered around the bar cheering. The waitress was attentive and polite and we did not have to wait long for the food. My husband ordered the beer battered fried cod and was quite pleased with it. I ordered the beer battered fried lobster... It was wonderful! If I can't find this at home I'll have to make a trip all the way back to Wisconsin just to get it. With the great food, picture-perfect view and the "cheeseheads" to entertain us, Wendt's on the Lake was a happy experience.

• Visited September 2013
“Filling!”
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

Apps were yummy. Perch was yummy. Everything was deep fried, but if that's what you like then it's perfect! Lots of food for the money and servers very friendly.

• Visited September 2013

Been to Wendt's on the Lake? Share your experiences!