Village Inn on the Lake
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Lakeview Motel(Two Rivers)
View Hotel
Cool City Motel(Two Rivers)
Econo Lodge(Manitowoc)
Harbor Town Inn(Manitowoc)
View Hotel
All reviewsmini golfrv park ispool arealove seatpool and hot tubfire pitwhirlpool suiteroom was cleandoor countyliving areagreen baymanitowocmotelrvstvpackersgame
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We happened upon this nice little motel while spending the night in order to catch the ferry the next day. It is a wonderul place to stay. They didn't have any first floor rooms so offered a suite for less than we paid for a standard motel room the night before in a different town. The suite is bigger than most apartments we lived in when we were much younger. Nice kitchen area, nice large bathroom and great hot tub. I would certainly stay again, and would recommend it to anyone in the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank karylynp
Vicky H, General Manager at Village Inn on the Lake, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Thank you so much for the positive review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay, and hope your trip on the Badger was just as enjoyable.

Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

Great WiFi, great showers, good view of lake. Close to main road so noisy in morning. Cell phone get 3G signal from Verizon. Staff is very friendly, gravel sites and roads. Level sites too. Overall a good place for a night or longer stay if the lake attracts one.

• Stayed: September 2012
Vicky H, General Manager at Village Inn on the Lake, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

I am glad that overall your stay was enjoyable. The highway can get busy at times and I am sorry that this affected your rest. I hope the positives outweighed this enough that we will have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

We stayed in a standard room on a Thursday night before heading out of the Two Rivers Harbor for a fishing trip on Friday morning.

We packed our swimsuits hoping to use the pool but we didn't arrive at the Inn until 5:45PM and the pool closed at 6:00PM. I was surprised the pool closed so early but maybe it's open later during the weekend.

The room was average. Nothing fancy but it was clean. And fancy is not really what we were looking for. The room was very quiet but not a lot of other people were using the hotel on a Thursday night.

We loved how close the Inn was to the marina in Two Rivers - just 5 minutes away.
We will stay at the Village Inn again for our next fishing trip.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kelly R
Vicky H, General Manager at Village Inn on the Lake, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

I am very disappointed that you were given misinformation. We allow the public to use the pool Monday thru Thursday from 10 am to 6 pm on days that our occupancy is lower. The pool is open to our guests from 8 am to 10 pm Sunday thru Thursday and 8 am to 12 am on Friday and Saturday.
I am very happy to hear that you will be back, and hope that we are able to a better job serving you the next time you stay.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

We were in Two Rivers for a girls' softball tournament and this is the hotel our group booked. My fault for waiting so long to call to make a reservation and all we could get was the standard hotel room - so I'm calling it a lesson learned. I would be willing to go back, because it IS a great location, but only if we can get a suite not one of the old original motel rooms. Our room was SMALL and the carpet felt . well, kind of hard to explain but, let me just say this is the first time in a long time that I didn't take my shoes or sandals off the second I got back into the room.

The bathroom was clean, but very worn/well used. However, we never did get our room cleaned at all while we were there. No clean towels.. nothing. I finally walked up to the front desk on Sunday morning with my armfull of wet towels and asked for four clean ones.

Part of our group had rooms in the Suite building.. MUCH nicer, obviously much newer. Like I said, those would be the rooms to request. If you can't get a suite, I don't think I'd bother staying there.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a suite!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Vicky H, General Manager at Village Inn on the Lake, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

I am very sorry to hear that you encountered problems during your stay.
First let me say that although the suites are newer, we are in the process of making upgrades to our standard rooms, which include new beds, flat screen tvs, and carpeting. Also, the carpets are steam cleaned on a monthly basis. On inspection, the carpeting in the room you stayed in did feel stiff to the touch. The housekeepers have been instructed to rinse the carpets better so that this does not happen again.
As to your room not being serviced on Saturday, the housekeeping report shows that it had been done. Unfortunately, you are not the only person to have had this problem with this housekeeper, and she is no longer employed with us. This is not how we want our guests to feel during their stay, and I can only apologize that it happened to you.
I am very glad that you were able to see and enjoy one of our suites. There are upgrades planned in these rooms as well to include updating the kitchens. I hope that on your next visit to the lakeshore you give us the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

We took a chance by booking a room in an unknown place. But, we definitely hit a home run staying at Village Inn! We reserved the Harley Suite for 5 of us and found a very spacious and extremely clean room with everything you need! Kitchen had microwave, stove,fridge with ice maker, cupboards with utensils and basic pans and even a dish washer! We had a beautiful view of the lake and were very close to several swimming areas. The beds were very comfortable and even had a fireplace in the suite. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. A storm had gone through late one of the days and damaged some trees. They were out early cleaning up the debris. Very impressed with how they took the extra time for cleanliness everywhere you went. Pool area and mini golf was a plus for the kids. The only downside was very few channels to watch on TV and had to pay for the mini golf. BUT would stay again FOR SURE!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Chuck641109
Vicky H, General Manager at Village Inn on the Lake, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. My staff works very hard to keep the entire property at it's best, and it is always nice to know that our efforts are appreciated. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again.