“Poor Service. Average Food”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Poor Service. Average Food”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

On a recent visit to Two Rivers we decided to eat lunch at Waverly Inn Pub and Pizza as opposed to our normal lunch location. We arrived at noon and when we pulled into the parking lot, I noticed that it was full of cars, usually a good sign for a Bar/Restaurant. We walked inside and noticed that there was no one in the bar eating lunch and there were only a few patrons at the bar drinking beverages. No one was eating at noon should have been my first clue that we should have lunched elsewhere. Yet, we stayed and ordered lunch The bartender serving the patrons doubled as the waitress and later, to my surprise, the cook. It took over one-half hour for our order to be started by the bartender/waitress/cook in the grill area. The reason I know that our order had not been started is that I could see the grill area from my seat. To no fault of the bartender/waitress/cook, she was busy with the other patrons in the bar.

It took approximately forty minutes to be served a lunch of hamburgers and fries. That is unacceptable when no one else was eating in the establishment. Once the food came, it was good but nothing special. The only thing going for our experience is that the meal was affordable. I will not be returning for future meals at Waverly Inn.

• Visited August 2013

Mobile, Alabama
“Poor service”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Food was good, service was horrible, I was not even given a plate to eat my food, the rest of my family were given paper plates which became soggy and had holes in them before they finished eating, my kids had to go hunt down napkins and utensils, we had to ask and wait for drink refills.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Harpers4
Midwest
“Great pizza but no one to make it”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

This was our third time to the Waverly. We love their pizza. We were so looking forward to it this time, but when we got there we were told that there would be at least a 45 minute wait before a pizza could even start to be made for us. There was only one person working the entire restaurant. So he was the waitstaff, bartender and cook. Felt sorry for the guy. Recognized him from our last visit - very friendly. We ordered a drink, but decided to find somewhere else to eat. We will try again, though.

• Visited September 2012
Manitowoc, Wisconsin
“Great Pizza & LIve Music”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I always love live music and the Waverly doesn't disappoint. Thanks for standing out in the crowd! You always have an interesting atmosphere and your pizza is ALWAYS WONDERFUL! :)

Visited September 2011
Libertyville, Illinois, United States
“Friendly bar”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Historical building. Went for Friday Fish Fry-perch was great. Even though it was a bar, they welcomed our family (including an 8 and 10 year old). Husband had the "mock" lobster which was also very good.

Visited August 2012