Country Lodge of Turtle Lake
Travelocity
$67
$105
$85
Best Western Inn(Rice Lake)(Great Value!)
$76
Super 8 Rice Lake(Rice Lake)(Great Value!)
$57
$80
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 28, 2014

We stayed here so that we could see a concert at the Turtle Lake Casino. The casino hotel was full so that is how we ended up here. I am always nervous when going to a hotel I don't know anything about so i am hopeful this may help someone else. This hotel was fine, not fabulous, but okay for a night. We had some friends stay at the casino hotel and they said ours sounded nicer. Our room was clean and from what i could tell had no bed bugs (i do check). A simple breakfast is provided in the morning (our friends at the casino did not get that and had to pay for one) so that was nice. Just the basics: Cereal, toast, muffins, yogurt, fruit, hard boiled eggs, donuts, juice, milk and coffee. The pool area was quite nice and the hot tub, which we did use, was very nice and looked relatively new.
The staff were all very nice and helped us with whatever we needed. This is a non smoking hotel which was a nice break from the casino. Rooms are dated, but the beds weren't as bad as some places we've been. No fridge or microwave in double Queen room so that was a bummer. We ate at the casino restaurant (not the buffet or snack bar) which was not very good at all.
This hotel is across a busy street and down a block from the casino. Unknown to us when we booked, they provide a 24hr shuttle back and forth from the casino which was very convenient. We rode it several times to come back and get a break from the smoke at the casino (we are non-smokers).
If we were to attend another concert at the casino I think we would stay here again vs. the casino hotel based on what our friends were telling us. This hotel costs more than that one, but it sounds to me like it was worth it.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank M R
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Had nice weekend stay at the country lodge, Clean rooms,Friendly environment, Overall very nice place to stay would recommend to everyone stop in for a nite or weekend stay, they have a nice kept pool area to take a relaxing swim in after traveling on the road all day or just relax in your room for the evening.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Here is the fact why do I like to stay again in this hotel. First very close to the Casino and Mcdonald just a walking distance. People here are friendly, service is great, pools fantastic, room is clean very comfortable to sleep. I'll be back here again hopefully by summer.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank grace b
Reviewed February 25, 2014

My wife and I have been staying here for over 10 years. Sam and Pauline (the so called rude Asian Lady) are wonderful. If they are booked, I won't even make the trip to the area. As a hotel manager myself, I read these guest reviews and just shake my head. Good for you Pauline, don't let scammers take advantage of you. Some people are always looking for discount or a reason not to pay. People book a room, then expect to be able to have 50 people in the pool or in their room. This is a perfect getaway spot if you are going to the Casino or just enjoying the area. This is a family run hotel trying to make a go of a small business. I commend their hard work and extremely long hours they put in to make their guest experience wonderful.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask for the back side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Melanie I
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Friendly front desk and comfortable rooms with good value and it is the cleanest hotel that I have ever stayed in,it is quiet which is what I wanted...The swimming pool is fantastic and the breakfast are good...I want to recommend this hotel to everyone :)

Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo