“Frauds!! Beware with credit cards...”

Country Lodge of Turtle Lake
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Turtle Lake
Country Lodge of Turtle Lake
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Turtle Lake
Rugby, North Dakota, United States
“Frauds!! Beware with credit cards...”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I cancelled a room the day before we checked in. When we checked in I signed the check-in form and nothing was mentioned, nor was anything written on the check in form. The room smelled when we got in there, they had the windows open to air it out, but that didn't help. When we checked out I was told I would have to pay for the room that I cancelled. I was given a receipt for $194.92, and then they handed me a sales slip for $292.38 to sign to bill my credit card. I crossed off $292.38 and wrote all over the sales slip in 3 different places that I would not authorize any more than the $194.92. Thru the dispute process with the credit card company, I found out that the oriental couple that is running this place had "doctored" the slip that I had signed. I had the credit card company mail me a copy of the receipt that was submitted - most of my writing was "whited" out and my signature had been "doctored" or forged as they had to white out part of my signature to erase what I wrote. Country Lodge also produced a confirmation notice that I never received with their cancellation policy which I was never informed of. Buyer Beware - DO NOT STAY HERE! Dealing with these oriental people was a nightmare! We were getting phone calls from some oriental corporate officer on the east coast pretty much stated that he knew there were some communication problems with his staff and he was working on.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
6 Thank Lynne O

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Rice Lake, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We are locals and decided to get away for a night after attending a wedding. Making reservation was so easy and we got an incredible deal.
Before I stay here I had some negative reviews so I was a bit nervous. We stayed in room 104. The bathroom was clean and the room was of a good size and very quiet. Location is very good as well. The service at country lodge was impeccable and I would absolutely recommend stay here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Jeff W
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Our stay was warm and friendly, and the staff was helpful.
I styed here on business with my family. My children enjoyed pool.
Checking in and out was a breeze. We had a good time and rooms where clean and beds where good.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Sandy W
North Branch, MN
Reviewed May 29, 2013

To beging with the rooms were not cleaned well. My wife and stayed there for convenience of the Casino on Memorial weekend 2013.

Check out was at 11:00 AM. My wife and I heard a key but thought it was for the room next to ours. The door opened to our room and the owners son walked right in. My wife and I were both naked. He did not turn right around and walk out. He told us check out was 11:00 Am. as he just stood there. At this time it was 11:07 AM.

I told him to get OUT OF OUR ROOM. He had no apology. We complained to his parents which are the owners. She was very rude and said it was "their" Hotel and after 11:00 AM they could walk into any room. We suggested a phone call or to knock before entering. "They" told us again they do not have to do that because it is their hotel. They said it was our fault because we had not phoned down to them and tell them we were to be a late check out. I emphasize it was 11:07 AM and check out was 11:00 AM. On top of this my wife and I had minute bites on our hands and body. Never had bed bugs before so I am not sure this is what they were. Disgusting.

The owners were rude and disgusting people. I would not stay here ever again and will talk to the headquarters for the Country Lodge franchise about these disgustingly rude people.
The hotel was not filled on Friday and Saturday night and I can definitely see why.
There was NOTHING nice about this hotel.I Believe any good reviews of this hotel had to come from the owners. No way could anyone be completely happy staying here.

We went to Duluth after this and stayed the Comfort Suites hotel. That made the weekend as we were treated like guests at this hotel. What a difference between hotels.
We will NEVer stay at the "Turtle Lake Country Lodge dive" again.

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel. There are others that are cleaner and you would be much happier with.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
12 Thank DennyNorthBranch_MN

Travelers are raving about these Turtle Lake hotels

La Crosse, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 23, 2013

these people are rude and inconsiderate. My blanket had black something all over it. Do yourself a favor and stay away. Don't let me tell you I told you so. I wouldn't let these people of my dog. My friend accidentally locked himself out at 6 AM and nobody would come to the front desk. They claim to offer a continental breakfast. But don't offer it until 7 am. Please people do me a favor and go somewhere else

Room Tip: go somewhere else
Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
8 Thank mike60015
River Falls, WI
Reviewed April 29, 2013

After reading some reviews of this hotel, I have to say I was a little nervous about staying here.
We arrived, the gal checking us in was just fine. Got our room right away, it was exactly what I was expecting, nothing too fancy, but just right.
We got 2 queen beds, which was a surprise, as most of the time the beds are twin or double, so we liked that.
The room was clean, the bathroom was clean. Nothing fancy, and a little dated, but fine.
We stayed here one night, on a jam-packed weekend in the area.
The shuttle bus for the casino runs constantly, we didn't have to wait more than 5-10 minutes tops for it to pick us up and bring us to the casino.
LATE at night, the shuttle was not running as often....we ended up walking back to the hotel, but the walk was short, and it was like 3am.
The McDonald's is in the same parking lot, and that was convenient too.
The continental breakfast was a nice feature, but it was mainly cereal there and a couple bagels. Nothing fancy.
No complaints here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank TAinWI
Wisconsin
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I stayed here in January with a friend just for a little casino one night getaway. The room price for player's members was comped ($25). The room was clean, the beds were decent, and for the price I can't complain. The wood furniture had definitely seen better days.... chipped and areas where the stain had worn off. but the cleanliness of the room raises the bar to average! Don't expect much, and you will be pleasantly surprised! We had our fun and didn't let that bother us. The 24 hour shuttle was awesome.... we stayed out quite late (actually it was early morning) and when we were ready to head back to the hotel we informed security at the drop off door and they called the shuttle. It was there in a matter of minutes. We didn't stay for the breakfast, or use the pool, but the pool area looked very nice. I'd return even if just for the convenience of the shuttle.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank siouxz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Turtle Lake
Cumberland Inn & Suites
Cumberland Inn & Suites
#2 of 2 in Cumberland
Holiday Inn Express St. Croix Valley
Holiday Inn Express St. Croix Va...
#1 of 2 in Saint Croix Falls
#1 of 8 in Rice Lake
Curriers Lakeview Lodge
Curriers Lakeview Lodge
#3 of 8 in Rice Lake

Been to Country Lodge of Turtle Lake? Share your experiences!