“Very nice motel. Please try for yourself.Pp”

Country Lodge of Turtle Lake
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Turtle Lake
Country Lodge of Turtle Lake
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Turtle Lake
“Very nice motel. Please try for yourself.Pp”
Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

My sisterinlaw told us about the Country Lodge. We are so glad we listened to her. We had a great time. It was a mini vacation. The service was great. The management was very helpful and kind. The motel and pool area was very clean. It is quiet and breakfast has a great selection. I highly suggest staying at this motel.
Judy

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank BonnieK1968

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Reviewed May 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Country Lodge for 5 days. It was quiet, very clean and the staff went out of their way to be helpful. They were all very courtious. The selection for breakfast was the best we've ever had at a motel. The owner and her son (front desk) were both a delight to talk to and very helpful. We would highly suggest to everyone to stay at this motel. They make it a wonderful getaway. And, it is clean. That is VERY important to us. Fantastic!!!
Sandra

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Dixonsandra
Minnesota
Reviewed February 11, 2012

We stayed here over the weekend, when the casino hotel was booked. Overall, it was a good price for a suite and close by to the casino and right next door to McDonalds. The decor is very "country" oriented from the 90s and the room was rather boring. So if you are expecting a posh luxurious suite, this is not the place for you. The suite had a couch, a fridge and Microwave, otherwise it was a normal room with your standard bathroom. The room was clean and the service was good overall and the breakfast was nice. No late checkouts though, not even one minute..so be sure to plan your morning appropriately.

Room Tip: Suites are on the main level- close to the pool and breakfast
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Polkadotsmile
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed January 9, 2012

We stayed here 12/31/11 and the room with two queen beds cost over 180.00 (tax included). After explaining that the BATHROOM SMELLED OF URINE and the CEILING VENT WAS THICKLY COVERED WITH DUST, the female (owner or manager?) told us that she WILL NOT give us our money back, nor will she discount the room rate. The young man (son?) at the front desk did come and politely clean the ceiling vent. The beds were low to the ground, and the bathroom was absolutely filthy and stinky. The common areas of the hotel did smell and look clean, but do ask to see your room before you give this hotel any of your money. We will stay at the casino hotel next time we visit the casino as this was the worst money that we ever spent on hotel accommodations.

Room Tip: Ask to see your room before you give this place any of your hard earned money
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
11 Thank labronze727

Travelers are raving about these Turtle Lake hotels

Marquette Michigan
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Didn't make a reservation seeing it was a week day. I walked in asked the price of the room and handed front desk person (owners son) my credit card. That was my first mistake. If you are ever unfamiliar with the hotel it's a good idea to check out the room prior to making payment. That is my new rule of thumb. Anyway, my family and I went to the room and found it to be discusting. Sheets were paper thin. You could see throught them. Beds were low to the ground and sunk to the floor when we sat on it. We were in the room for less than 2 minutes and decided this was not the place for us. I went to the front desk and asked for a refund that we found the room unacceptable. I gave the multiple reasons why. The BOY at the front desk said we don't give refunds. I said I am not happy with the room and I insist on getting my money back. Again, I told the BOY that the room was unsatisfactory. He told me I would have to wait until morning when I could talk with management. I told him I would not wait until morning. All of a sudden the BOY'S mother showed up at the desk. She argued with me over and over and would not budge on giving me my money back. I was furious that these people were taking $95 from me. I called the police to see if there was anything they could do. I didn't have the police go into the hotel because I didn't want this conversation to get heated again. The police officer from the town told me that these people are known to rip people off. That they are horrible to deal with. I didn't take the time to read reviews on this place . I wish I would have seeing there are nothing but terrible things posted about this hote. The police officer asked why I decided to stay there rather than the casino across the street. The next day I called the casino to find out that the room was actually $30 cheaper.

The owners of the Country Lodge are the most rude people I have ever dealt with in my life. Not all people in Turtle Lake are like this.

DON'T STAY HERE. Always check reviews and the rooms prior to pulling out your plastic.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
20 Thank reezy
Northfield, Minnesota
Reviewed July 2, 2011

Called for a reservation and although there were rooms available, they would not take a reservation. The wanted to wait for walk ins and explained that if we got there and there was still a room available, we could have it. We're three hours away and didn't want to be turned away when we arrived. Not very customer friendly. We wouldn't stay here ever.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
12 Thank Linda43379
Tularosa, New Mexico
Reviewed June 29, 2011

I read the reviews here, and was honestly very afraid to book this room. We had to go to Turtle Lake, and the casino hotel would not take any reservations if you weren't involved in the pow-wow. So, long story short, we had no choice but to stay at the Country Lodge.

I was surprised. My room was clean, spacious and comfortable. The hosts (a Korean family) were pleasant and easy. Overall, it was a good value for the money. As one that frequently stays at 5 star hotels, there is no way that I could give this 5 stars, but I thought that it deserved better than a three. For what the hotel is, it is a fine hotel and I would stay here again if I were in Turtle Lake.

Breakfast: A few more options would be good
Beds: Definitely not the mattresses at the Hilton, Wyndham or Marriott
Rooms: Spacious and Clean
Pool: My granddaughter loved it, the jacuzzi is a little weak

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank bumpercarr
Also consider these accommodations in or near Turtle Lake
Cumberland Inn & Suites
Cumberland Inn & Suites
#2 of 2 in Cumberland
Holiday Inn Express St. Croix Valley
Holiday Inn Express St. Croix Va...
#1 of 2 in Saint Croix Falls
#1 of 8 in Rice Lake
Curriers Lakeview Lodge
Curriers Lakeview Lodge
#3 of 8 in Rice Lake

Been to Country Lodge of Turtle Lake? Share your experiences!