“Great Wine, Better People” 5 of 5 bubbles

Brigadoon Winery
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Tripoli
Appleton, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Wine, Better People”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

Brigadoon Winery was the first winery I've ever visited and it was well worth the trip! The tour was very interesting and the family that owns was very welcoming. They are incredibly passionate about what they do and their number one goal was to ensure we enjoyed ourselves. After our initial tour we received free samples of wine and were able to select our favorites. We purchased a few glasses (that turned into a few bottles) and enjoyed ourselves on the porch taking in the beautiful natural scenery. The food sold in the shop is all very delicious as well and they were happy to recommend different items based on which wine we were drinking. Before I left I was sure to purchase a few bottles to enjoy until the next time I visit. We also purchased some fresh eggs and were given apples we picked off the tree ourselves. Whether you are a wine connoisseur, appreciate an occasional glass, or you just enjoy being around great people, you're not going to regret visiting Brigadoon Winery.

Visited August 2013

Lake Villa, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Good Wine!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Nice visit. I bought a bottle of wine for my daughter which she enjoyed. They have a sales area and you can also watch them process their wine. It is located just out of Tripoli going West.

Wisconsin, USA
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“Out in the country, but worth a visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

This was a cool summer day stop for us. The owner provided the wine tasting, which was free but there was a donation jar. You were allowed to sample as many as you want. It is small quarters and was pretty tight with 12 people in there. Wines were better than I expected. They sold fresh eggs, which he plucked from the henhouse. Pretty outdoor setting. Typical wine gifts for sale.

Necedah, Wisconsin
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Wow, worth the trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

There were four of us who made the trip down the gravel road ( one mile ) to this wonderful family owned winery. Free samples were available so I was able to select my favorite wines before purchasing. We were offered a tour and we took it. This family works hard to perfect their craft. We sat outside on the porch and had glasses of wine for only four dollars. What a bargain, Katie filled our glasses to the top. Soon we were joined by two other couples. We shared a cheese tray and had many laughs. The hummingbirds were going to the feeders and the flower beds. What a nice time. I bought a case of wine to take home and share with friends. I highly recommend a trip to this winery. The gift shop is small but well stocked. All in all, a wonderful, relaxing experience.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank 757Jlynn
Tomahawk, Wisconsin
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great diversion for a cold day or any day!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

It was in the 50s this past weekend and we had out of town guests so instead of enjoying the local lakes we visited Brigadoon.

This family run business is a lovely place to visit, the landscaping was beautiful, the hummingbirds were flying right around us near the arbor. It was a busy day so the small shop was crowded but Dave and his family were very kind and patient hosts to everyone who wanted to taste and tour.
they have a great variety of wines which are quite good for such a small operation.
Dave took the time to show us around outside where the prettiest chickens were running around. they also sell organic eggs. Take a drive and check out Brigadoon! You will not be sorry.

1 Thank KirkandNan

Been to Brigadoon Winery? Share your experiences!