“Stay Clear, unless you like a long wait and cold food”
Review of Trempealeau Hotel

Trempealeau Hotel
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Scenic view, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Stay Clear, unless you like a long wait and cold food”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Previous reviews said this place was a hot or cold experience. We got the cold side. Stopped for a sandwich on a Wednesday at 1:30 PM. The place was 3/4 empty. After being seated our drink order was taken. It took 10-12 minutes for our 4 beers to be delivered even though there were only 2 people sitting at the bar. When our drinks were served our order was taken. 45 minutes later our "medium done" burgers arrived. They were well done, crispy on the outside and cool to the touch. The waitress was indifferent. When I pointed the problem she offered to replace the burger, I declined as we were already late. One minute later a replacement arrived. It was just as bad as the first. She explained the quick replacement as a "short stop from another order".

When our bill arrived the drink order was comped. This did little to overcome our disappointment. We've been told new owners had taken over 2 weeks prior to our visit. Hope they get some good help.....if they don't they won't survive.

La Crosse, Wisconsin
“Beautiful setting”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Each visit to the Trempealeau Hotel is a little bit different, in a good way. The food is always good and locally sourced. They have a nice wine selection, many also locally sourced. Saturdays often bring live music on the deck and it doesn't get much better than that. Sitting outside on the deck, a view of the Mississippi River and bluffs, good food, good beverage, good music. There's plenty of open grassy areas for lounging or letting the kids run off some after dinner energy. We always leave saying "we need to come here more often."

Woodstock, Vermont
“Amazing Burgers”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

My wife and I were wandering through Wisconsin and just came upon this place. It's not much to look at, but inside is where the real treat is. We both ordered burgers and we were thrilled with the result. These burgers had an amazing season that just brought out the flavor. These were the best burgers we have ever eaten.

We also enjoyed their Margaritas. The original and red 'ritas were very tasty and not overpowering. We highly recommend this restaurant.

Chesterfield
“Great food, service, and setting”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Based on the number of diners, we were not the only folks who were satisfied with a lovely meal at the Trempaaleau Hotel. We actually enjoyed both a lunch and a dinner. Lunch was very good. The walnut burgers were unique. Sandwiches, salads, and burgers rounded out our selections. Dinner was much better than lunch. Walleye was very tasty and moith watering. The eggplant parmesan was delicious, but portions were extremely small. Considering it was priced similarly to more substantial entrees, if you are hungry, it eill not fill you up. The walnut balls and humus appetizers were really verry tasty. The tuna was ezceptional, served very rare with lots of herb crustiness. The historic property has biews of the river and a very actice train track! Outside seating is also available. We will return on our next visit to the area.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Darbymo
Sullivan, Illinois, United States
“LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE THIS PLACE!!!”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I am drawn to this place every time I am in the Lacrosse area. The restaurant is charming - sit on the porch or outside if you can. The food is spectacular. I love the walnut balls - unique and worth the price. This time I had the baked walleye (I think it was "parmesan-crusted" or something like that). It was probably the best walleye I can remember having - and the only walleye I have had that was not fried. The portion was huge...and the potatoes served with it were also noteworthy. My friends enjoyed the eggplant but were secretly envious of my luscious fish. I love watching the trains speed by and the boats on the Mighty Mississippi mosey along as well. I have been here many times and have NEVER been disappointed. It is a gem of a place to visit...

• Visited June 2014