“What a great surprise”
Review of ELMARO Vineyard

ELMARO Vineyard
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We're a Wisconsin vineyard and winery nestled in the Mississippi River Valley. We make a variety of award winning wines to appeal to all palate. We love sharing our passion for wine and our picturesque setting with all of our guests. Join us for walk-in wine tastings, live music, and numerous events!
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I've been to other Wisconsin wineries and this one tops them all! There's not much indication that a winery exists down Delaney road other than a small road sign. I've passed this Road quite often, but never really had the time to stop by the winery which is a mile down on the left side of the road. The vines planted at this winery are very young and a lot of the grapes/juice has to be purchased from other vineyards in the area. Their tasting notes indicate that the wines range from "Dry Wines" to "Sweet Wines" however I have tasted my share of wine and would call all of these wines sweet, or sweet on the palette. The wine maker has done a great job extracting the flavors from the grapes and not being overzealous with oak\charred barrels. I found that the La Crescent, Chardonel, Edelweiss and Frontenac Gris were purchase worthy and had a price point that makes it easier on the pocketbook.The wines are very bright, have a great nose and have a good lingering finish.
There is a patio with tables spread out with a great view of the hills and pasture to the east. Hopefully you'll find this winery as much as a surprise as I did.

2  Thank Rob P

Reviewed May 5, 2013

If you are looking for a bit of Tuscany in the midwest coulee region, take a trip to Elmaro. The sgin may say winery, but it should say "an experience". The wine is tastey and there is a little something for everybody...full bodied but not biting reds; light , kicky whites, and a port that puts a smile on your lips at the first sip. Add a patio with fire pit, an alcove with music,a cheese tray, and a view of the vines and you have the experience. While all of that would be enough for any thirsty traveler, there is one more ingredient that puts Elmaro in our bucket list of Top Ten Wineries.(And just so you understand the significance of that ranking, my husband and my friends have sampled wine in eight states...only 42 left on the list.) SImply put, it's the people. It's a true family affair. These folks love what they do and it shows. Stop once, and you'll be remembered upon your return. Because, you will return.

2  Thank Jim H
Reviewed March 30, 2013

This winery is by far, one of the top we've gone to! It's gorgeous location is breathtaking... especially on the patio in the summer months. Cameron, one of the owners, always remembers us and is so helpful and knowledgeable. Last time we went, we took our mother and brother-in-law to celebrate their birthdays. We called erlier the same day and requested anything special for them. They had a beautiful table set up for our group of six and had our own server who wanted us to enjoy our experience as much as we did! She was extremely helpful and very funny! We've met some very fun people at Elmaro and are definitely looking forward to heading back there real soon! You won't regret your stop and will look forward to the next! I guarantee it! :)

2  Thank Courtney Z
Reviewed February 19, 2013

It may be a bit off the beaten path, but worth the trip in and of itself. After 11 straight days of work I could not wind down at home, so my husband and I headed to Elmaro (my second time, his first). I highly recommend checking their website for when they have live music, as combined with the tasty wines and a snack it was total immersion therapy! Despite it being single digits and windy outside, we felt like we were in a different world inside with the sweeping valley/bluff views and beautiful interior space. We opted for a full bottle at our table as it was only $1 more than two glasses, along with a plate of bread and dipping oils which were outstanding. The place was quite busy but the staff handled this with ease and genuine smiles, and they did not miss a beat with service. I am looking forward to arranging a girls gathering here in the very near future!

1  Thank Irishnips
Reviewed February 12, 2013

My partner and I spent a relaxing afternoon at this winery. We have visited several wineries in the region and this was excellent. Great service, good food and the wines were excellent. The hosts were engaging and the jazz band was a pleasant surprise. Do not miss this.