“Charged me the wrong amount”
Review of Super 8 Tomahawk

Super 8 Tomahawk
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Tomahawk
West Bend wI
“Charged me the wrong amount”
Reviewed June 3, 2010

I was quoted a price (lowest they had) by there clerk and when I checked out the wanted a lot more per night. I travel to Tomahawk once a year for a week and I have found a different place to stay and the price what they tell me is what the bill is . Never again will stay here

• Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank danberres

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Chicago
Reviewed July 28, 2009

I had booked a room at this place for the wrong date. It was quite evident that it was a mistake as the date of the booking was the same date as the reservation and I live almost 8 hours from there. Well when I found out several days later I called the property and told them I had intended to put in a different date later in September and could they wave the cancellation fee. Well they basically said too bad, your mistake and not ours so we are going to keep your money. So needless to say I cancelled my other room that I had booked for the right day. If this family owned place could care less about you before you even get there, especially in this economy and stick you with a $90 fine, can you imagine what might happen if you are far from home. I will never ever stay here or any other Super8 for that matter.

Stayed July 2009
1 Thank takenez

Travelers are raving about these Tomahawk hotels

Chicago
Reviewed May 29, 2009

We stayed for one Saturday night. Large lobby with breakfast and sitting area. Hallways were clean and newly re-done. Room was comfortable and clean. Large indoor pool had beautiful knotted wood walls. The kids liked the small arcade room. First time staying there, we definately will be back.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Samcirce
milwaukee, wi
Reviewed April 24, 2008

Great pleace to stay, very clean hotel, friendly staff, talked to the owners as well there good people. I will stay there again.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank smakawao
wisconsin
Reviewed August 26, 2007

After walking into this hotel, it was obvious we did not want to stay here. The desk staff was helpful, however there was a sign posted right on the desk that stated "Rowdy guests will be asked to leave immediately with no refund"...not a good sign! The lobby and pool area looked O.K. but the elevator smelled of urine and the room had chairs with unknown stains on them. We are sticklers for cleanliness and this did not sit well! It was obvious that some upgades were trying to be made i.e. microwaves and frides in the rooms, newer carpeting etc., but this hotel was definately NOT worth the price...stay at the Comfort Inn instead!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank cglWisconsin
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 14, 2005

I never stay anywhere else. It's clean, well maintinaed, friendly and centrally located. I am in Tomahawk 4 or 5 times every year and have stayed in many hotels. The Super 8 is my favorite.

• Stayed July 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 6, 2005

For the past two winter seasons, we've stayed at the Super 8 in Tomahawk,Wi. on several occasions.
Jyoti and, staff, were friendly, attentive and, very helpful with anything and, everything.
Being avid snowmobilers, we stay at many motels in the northwoods.
You're going to find some guests that are below quality people.
Their actions should never reflect on the establishment.
At Super 8, if there is a problem, we've found that the staff uses a good
deal of tact and, diplomacy in dealing with problems.
We HIGHLY reccomend the Super 8.

• Stayed February 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tomahawk
Centerstone Resort Lake-Aire
#3 of 8 in Rhinelander
Holiday Acres Resort
Holiday Acres Resort
#2 of 8 in Rhinelander

Been to Super 8 Tomahawk? Share your experiences!