“Comfortable and cozy”

Lark Inn
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Tomah
“Comfortable and cozy”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We stayed here on February 13, and were so happy with our choice. We had one of the smallest rooms, with a queen size bed, it was comfy and cozy and met our needs. The bed was extremely comfortable, the water pressure in the shower was amazing. The price was so reasonable and included a delicious continental breakfast with the best cinnamon rolls you will find anywhere. The ladies at the desk are sweet and helpful. It is family owned and so much nicer than the chains!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
The_Larkin_Family, Owner at Lark Inn, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
What a kind review! Thank you so much for writing. You mentioned the amazing water pressure. That is a comment that we hear from a good number of our guests. There is nothing better than a good night’s sleep and an invigorating shower in the morning and the Lark Inn provides both. We are also happy that you enjoyed our complimentary continental breakfast with our homemade cinnamon rolls. Our morning staff enjoys a visit with each guest before they head out on their travels. Thank you for staying with us and for assuring others that our inn is a great place to spend a night.

Innkeeper

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Rockport, Texas
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I have stayed at the Lark Inn 3 times now and won't stay anywhere else the next time I go to Tomah! The ladies at the front are always so helpful and freindly. The rooms are always very clean and comfortable. I don't know why anybody would want to stay in one of those big chains up at the interstate intersection, for the same price or less they could stay so much more comfortably at the Lark Inn and get such freindly service.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
The_Larkin_Family, Owner at Lark Inn, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
I am so pleased to read that you have returned to the Lark Inn three times now. Repeat guests, like you, become “family” and we look forward to their every visit. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with others who rely on Trip Advisor for good recommendations. When we travel, we look for reviews such as yours to assure us we will get a clean room, friendly staff and pay a reasonable price.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Skip the chains at the interstate intersection, drive the half mile or so into town on Superior and find this travelers perfect spot on the left just before the RR tracks. You won't believe the amenities you get for the same or lower price. Stayed here for 2 or 3 days on an annual trip to town for the last 3 years; they remembered me each time and treated me like a family friend. It's not often that you can call for a reservation and have the "clerk" say "hello Larry, do you want the same room you had last year?" Free movies in the convenience store for your room's dvd player, and they will even fill your cooler with ice. Let me make this a double plug, don't miss the TeePee restaurant another mile or so into town on the left. GREAT steaks, seafood and whatever; been in town forever; and don't bother to ask for a double from the bar, they'll say "honey, we pour family style here".

Room Tip: I have only stayed in the multi-bed suites toward the front on the convenience store side. They are...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
The_Larkin_Family, Owner at Lark Inn, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Wow! What a kind and informative review. Thank you so much for all the good things you had to say about Lark Inn. We enjoy having you as our repeat guest as much as you enjoy your stay each time. We DO try to provide every amenity that we would like whenever we travel. Being an independent property, we are able to decide what we will provide and how we will decorate our rooms and we take much pride in doing so. Over the past thirty five years, many chains have knocked on our doors asking us to pick up their name, yet we remain independent. Thank you for putting your trust in us!

Amery, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 20, 2013

What a treat. The girls at the check in desk treat you like family. Always a welcoming smile and
"Let us know if there is anything else we help you with". My Brother found this gem last year. Work brings us to Tomah often. We sometimes stay four (4) nights a week at the Lark Inn. Here are a few points that keep us returning to the Lark. a) The rooms are clean. b) The check in area also supports a convenience store and gas station. c) 100's of free movies to chose from for motel guests. d) It is less than a mile to downtown locally owned restaurants. e) Just far enough south of the freeway congestion, but not to far away for easy access. f) Located next door is a 'take out' pizza and sub sandwich store. If you do not want to walk, they also have a delivery service. The subs are huge and at a reasonable price. g) The Lark Inn serves a great 'continental breakfast'. h) The rates are very reasonable. For a few dollars more you have the option of sleeping in a quaint cabin. My brother and I have recommended the Lark to our co-workers and they also have chose the Lark over the other hotels and motels in town.
Walker

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
The_Larkin_Family, Owner at Lark Inn, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Well guess what! Mom DOES own this motel! And this Mom is very proud of our staff. They keep things clean, orderly and special. From the front desk staff to housekeeping and maintenance, we have the best! Thank you so very much for all the nights that you have spent at Lark Inn and for recommending us to others. Word of mouth is the best advertising a motel can get and your words will encourage others to give the Lark Inn a try.

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I recently stayed at the Lark Inn for a night. What an experience! I am very suspect of non-chain or non-national hotels as you never know what you willl get with them. However, I took a chance after reviewing the outstanding reviews of this little gem. I passed on the Hampton Inn and could not have been happier. The rooms were clean, the staff unbelievably friendly and the charm irrestible. The best part--your free Continental Breakfast with one of the best cinnamon rolls ever! It renewed my faith in family owned and operated places.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Kenosha, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 12, 2012

My dad and I were on our way back from Minnesota when the weather started to get nasty so we decided to stop for the night. We stopped in Tomah for dinner at Thompson's Teepee (amaaaaazing steak!!!!!!) and asked the manager there where he would recommend for a place to stay overnight and he told us Lark Inn. When we pulled up to the property I was amazed with how adorable it was outside! The man in the store was very respectable and talked with my dad for a while (old veteran stuff) which I thought was quite nice, didn't feel like just another customer, they were actually concerned with providing a warm place for us to stay. I was shocked tighten we walked into the room! The antique portraits on the walls, the nice furnishings and especially the super cute quilts on the beds!!! The beds had the quilt, a comforter, a lighter blanket and a sheet which felt so cozy after driving all day in the rain and snow. The price was so reasonable and wayyyy cheaper than I thought it would be! I will be coming back next month with my mom. We did not want to leave!!!! Very impressed!!! The LARK INN will be a new regular destination for my family and me!

Room Tip: They have many different types if rooms/cabins to choose from for whatever is right for you!!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
st. catharines
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We stayed here because of what we read on tripadvisor. However if we were driving by and saw how meticulous this place is kept we would have pulled in anyway. The amount of upkeep and maitenance done around this property keeps it looking as beautiful as a postcard. The room was spacious and spotless. After a long day of travelling a good nights sleep was needed and a great bed and quiet surroundings provided just that.
Top this off with breakfast, an on site gas bar and variety store makes this the best traveller oasis I have ever been to. Friendly people behind the counter and reasonable prices make this a place to remember on my travel map.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple