“Best bargain of our entire vacation!”
Review of Lark Inn

Lark Inn
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Tomah
Reviewed July 10, 2011

Do not hesitate to stay here. I was beyond thrilled with the cleanliness, hospitality and value received at the Lark Inn. Our family stayed in a little 2 room cabin for $85 (which included all taxes.) The entire grounds were absolutely spotless and perfectly groomed lawns. I was looking, trying to find dirt and could not find any anywhere. Even the baseboards at the little store are spotless. You will not find a neater place traveling in family-priced accommodations. The beds were very comfortable. 2 airconditioners (one in each bedroom), televisions in each bedroom. Homemade cinnamon rolls, juice, coffee, cereals, yogurt, bagels, toast for breakfast (included in the price). Free LARGE selection of DVD's you can check out and watch in your room. They permitted me to view the room before making a decision whether or not to stay there (and they didn't look at me like I was putting them out for asking.) The ladies at the counter were of a mature age and very accommodating. I have stayed in many places (even significantly more expensive places) and the Lark Inn is my favorite. I wish they were closer to home, I would stay there for a retreat from time to time! Please do not hesitate to stay at this hotel. You will be satisfied.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank ShannonHultz
LarkInnTomah, Owner at Lark Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2011

Thank you for staying with us at Lark Inn. Although it has always been our families aim to keep our property immaculate and our guests comfortable, it is our employees that deserve the credit. We have an excellent staff, many of whom have been with us for over twenty years. They take as much pride in the property as we do. I will certainly pass your fine comments on to our housekeepers, maintenance, and front desk staff. - Sharon Larkin

There are newer reviews for Lark Inn

Reviewed June 27, 2011

We stayed here with our two large dogs and found it to be clean, comfortable, and very dog friendly. Slept well. Beautifully kept grounds...plenty of space to play with our dogs. Only minor inconvenience was a plumbing issue....mixing valve problem...but didn't create a problem for us.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 11, 2011

Hidden treasure. Service is great. Close to whatever you need. Highly recommend for business or personal travel.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed March 29, 2011

The best part of staying at this hotel was definetly the quietness! No kids running up and down hallways, slamming doors of other rooms, etc., that you would get from staying at a regular chain hotel. I parked right in front of my cabin. Decor was very nice. I had everything I needed for a relaxing week's stay. The location suprised me a little, with being on a main drag road, but the cabins are set back just enough to where I could not hear the traffic of the road. Very nice and I would stay again. Also a great off season value. Bathroom a little outdated, but not a biggie. Served it's purpose.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 6, 2010

My boyfriend and I were looking for a nice spot for a winter getaway. We saw the Lark Inn offered cabins and were excited to try them. I was so shocked at the value - we had a refrigerator, microwave, cable, free internet AND two free DVD rentals! Plus breakfast in the morning. With our AAA discount, we only paid $69 for the night!

The holiday decorations were beautiful and the staff was very friendly. My only complaint was the bed was a bit hard. We are definitely staying here again. It's a cute town away from the world.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2010

We were in the area for a high school re-union. We made a reservation at the Lark Inn for a log cabin. It was so clean and comfortable. The bathroom was huge, fresh and clean. The furnishings appear to be Amish made and very nice..not the cheap furnishings you find in most hotels. We were traveling with a pet and she was made welcome too. I was just sorry we could not stay another day or two. Parking was right in front of our unit which is a big plus for us. Breakfast was okay. I was a bit disappointed in the canned peaches but the homemade cinnamon rolls made up for that. All in all it was one of the best places we have stayed at during our travels.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 20, 2009

Once in a while it is refreshing to stay in a motel that is not part of a big chain and the Lark Inn is just that kind of place. The rooms were large, clean and nicely decorated. The inn keepers were pleasant and fresh baked cinnamon buns were offered at breakfast .

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple