“great place”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tomah
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Tomah
Reviewed May 25, 2012

The stay was great and the staff were amazing. We had a fire in the house and the hotel was the only one to accomidate us in town. Talking to the staff was like talking to a family member, thats how comfortable they made us feel. This is my home away from home.

Room Tip: The split rooms are great.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Joe P
NorthsideTomah, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tomah, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2012

Dear Joe P,

It was a pleasure to have your family stay with us for the time needed. It was difficult to deal with all the problems that came up all at once, but luckily you had some great friends to help you and a place to relocate until you found your temporary housing.

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 1608-374-2050 ext. (115).

There are newer reviews for Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tomah

Reviewed May 23, 2012

Check into the hotel at 11pm. It took the desk clerk 30 minutes to check us in. She was confused on the rates, confused on the rooms, confused on the room cards and how to get them to take the programming........basically dazed and confused. she was near 60 so that could have been the reason. The free breakfast was the worst free breakfast I have ever seen. Cold, dry, old and a poor selection.........if you can tolorate all of this, then maybe you would like this motel, we didn't.

Room Tip: ask for the side away from the freeway.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ironranger

Dear Ironranger:

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 16083742050 ext. (115).

Reviewed May 16, 2012

This was a stay to visit relatives in the area. We’ve stayed here several times in the past 3 years. It’s nice to see very little has changed over time. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The staff is very friendly and concerned that your stay is a good one. Breakfast, which is muffins, bagels, toast, cereal or waffles, is fine, although it would be nice to see some fresh fruit like an apple or banana. The price is the best in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front of the hotel - away from the Interstate.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank dimmey
NorthsideTomah, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tomah, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2012

Dear Dimmey from Waukesha,

It is hard to believe that it has been almost three years since this Microtel by Wyndham changed ownership. We carry on not changing much, but if there is ever anything that we could upgrade or improve believe that we try very hard to make our new, or returning guests happy every time.

Reviewed April 19, 2012

This was a business trip...I was in the room only 9 hours....however, It was a very pleasant experience. It began with a friendly greating by the night staff. I stayed in a very clean room, not lavish but well equipped (clothes iron & board, hair dryer, microwave, coffee, refrigerator, soap and shampoo). Continental breakfast was provided in the a.m. and the price was reasonable. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms opposite the freeway are quieter
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
NorthsideTomah, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tomah, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2012

Dear Edward H,

Our afordable prices and monthly promotions are always worth the visit no matter the occasion. Im glad you like all of our free amenities that we have to offer, and if there is anything we could do to make your next visit better we would like to know.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

Excellent hotel. Clean and comfortable. Excellent rate. Nice breakfast area with usual items: bagels, muffins, toast, cereal, waffles. Easy access on I-94/90. Restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank traveling_fools95

Dear traveling_fools95,

Your perfect score you gave during your visit is much appreciated by the staff and myself. We have made some eye popping changes to the lobby appearance that you have obviously noticed and found them to be worth mentioning in this review.

Reviewed April 6, 2012

I stayed here for my time being at Ft McCoy. The updates in this hotel makes it so much nicer looking! The staff is so friendly, hotel is extremely clean and they are pet friendly! I loved their breakfast. Would stay here again if I was in the area!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Amandaj1718

Dear Amandaj1718,

I also wanted to thank you for you comments about our breakfast, updated rooms and lobby, and the friendly service. We work very hard to take our customers advice and comments to better the overall service.

Reviewed March 23, 2012

I found myself needing a hotel for the night during a long car trip, and the Tomah Microtel turned out to be a good choice. As advised, I requested a room on the side away from the highway. Though I ended up with one right next to the ice machine and elevator, I had a quiet night and restful sleep. The rooms are small but clean, and the cushioned window perch was a nice touch. The staff was accommodating and friendly, and the price (with AAA discount) was quite good. The continental breakfast was fairly typical. Overall, I would choose to stay here again if the opportunity arose.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank LauraD_560

Dear LauraD_560,

I am pleased you found us to be exactly what you needed on your overnight visit. The Microtel Brand does a great job at designing their rooms perfectly for the budget traveler. We always offer guaranteed clean and affordable rooms along with expert hospitality at our hotel.