“Clean, friendly, inexpensive”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tomah
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Tomah
Reviewed April 19, 2012

This was a business trip...I was in the room only 9 hours....however, It was a very pleasant experience. It began with a friendly greating by the night staff. I stayed in a very clean room, not lavish but well equipped (clothes iron & board, hair dryer, microwave, coffee, refrigerator, soap and shampoo). Continental breakfast was provided in the a.m. and the price was reasonable. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms opposite the freeway are quieter
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
NorthsideTomah, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tomah, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2012

Dear Edward H,

Our afordable prices and monthly promotions are always worth the visit no matter the occasion. Im glad you like all of our free amenities that we have to offer, and if there is anything we could do to make your next visit better we would like to know.

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 1608-374-2050 ext. (115).

Reviewed April 9, 2012

Excellent hotel. Clean and comfortable. Excellent rate. Nice breakfast area with usual items: bagels, muffins, toast, cereal, waffles. Easy access on I-94/90. Restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank traveling_fools95

Dear traveling_fools95,

Your perfect score you gave during your visit is much appreciated by the staff and myself. We have made some eye popping changes to the lobby appearance that you have obviously noticed and found them to be worth mentioning in this review.

Reviewed April 6, 2012

I stayed here for my time being at Ft McCoy. The updates in this hotel makes it so much nicer looking! The staff is so friendly, hotel is extremely clean and they are pet friendly! I loved their breakfast. Would stay here again if I was in the area!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Amandaj1718

Dear Amandaj1718,

I also wanted to thank you for you comments about our breakfast, updated rooms and lobby, and the friendly service. We work very hard to take our customers advice and comments to better the overall service.

Reviewed March 23, 2012

I found myself needing a hotel for the night during a long car trip, and the Tomah Microtel turned out to be a good choice. As advised, I requested a room on the side away from the highway. Though I ended up with one right next to the ice machine and elevator, I had a quiet night and restful sleep. The rooms are small but clean, and the cushioned window perch was a nice touch. The staff was accommodating and friendly, and the price (with AAA discount) was quite good. The continental breakfast was fairly typical. Overall, I would choose to stay here again if the opportunity arose.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank LauraD_560

Dear LauraD_560,

I am pleased you found us to be exactly what you needed on your overnight visit. The Microtel Brand does a great job at designing their rooms perfectly for the budget traveler. We always offer guaranteed clean and affordable rooms along with expert hospitality at our hotel.

Reviewed November 7, 2011

We really enjoyed our stay at the Microtel in Tomah! We stayed the night before running a marathon in a nearby town. The manager offered us a late check out to allow for us to return and shower before heading back to Green Bay. He also gave us his own Aleve when we realized that we had forgotten to pack it as we were leaving for the marathon.
We did request a room away from the highway and it was quiet as could be.
Thank you! We'll stay again for sure :)

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 20, 2011

I stay at moderately priced and budget inns throughout the US and was pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness and amenities at this Microtel in Tomah. For a mere $67 I got the kind of treatment I typically get from a Hampton Inn that costs $20-$50 more. Next time I pass through, this will definitely be my choice.

Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Matthew M, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tomah, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2011

Microtel Hotels in general have a outstanding reputaion for being clean and affordable. Being a part of the Wyndham chain is an additonal perk that makes it easy to collect points or airline miles.

Reviewed September 30, 2011

Have stayed here twice in two years- returning home from Mayo (2 hours away). First time we were on the back side and the noise from the Interstate was non-stop all night and kept us awake. Would not have stayed the second time unless they could put us on the front side away from the highway, which they did.

Remember this is a Microtel, so the rooms are small. Room and bathroom were clean, but carpet was damp in one area (just cleaned?). Breakfast is bare minimum. We needed a room for the night and love to save money. This did the trick.

Room Tip: Do NOT stay on the back side. INSIST on one in the front, or don't stay here, regardless of the...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

We recomend asking for a even number room to get away from any unwanted noise from the interstate.