“Great place for tasty Mexican food and friendly service”
Review of El Allarta - CLOSED

El Allarta
Reviewed June 7, 2015

Supper club turned Mexican. Friendly, fast service. Warm chips and salsa on arrival. I found the music to be a bit annoying and a little too loud. Large menu. Many choices. Lunch specials. Daily specials. Two dining areas to choose from. Tables, booths. Bar area in adjoining area with pool table. Decor was bright, colorful in the restaurant area. Some walls needed a little bit of repair and the carpet needed total replacement or I would like to see ceramic tile added at some point that could be easily cleaned. Bathrooms were clean and well maintained. Ordered a combination plate with taco, burrito and rice. Your choice of hard or soft shell. I would have liked a little more sour cream. Perhaps on the side next time? I thought the flavors were good for all. Burrito meat was tasty but needed a little more sauce. Just a little bit on the dry side. I enjoyed all the flavors but my guest wanted a little more spice to the meal. Overall a nice change of pace to the usual "chain" type Mexican food that is available in the area. Would return for another visit soon.

Reviewed May 20, 2015

Great selection of food...very friendly staff...great atmosphere..I thought the price was a little high for the Margaritas...but aside from that, agreat place to eat...

Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

Quality Mexican food, good service and the hottest plates (not food, plates) of any restaurant ever. It is transitioning from any American place and there is a bar attached.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

from the first time i dined at el vallerta , i have been recommenting this restaurant. food is excellent , very tasty & always hot ! i love the fact , that as soon as you get seated , you get some water, as that is not standard anymore these days. while you make your selection of the menu, you get fresh salsa & hot chips complimentary. a very nice touch. food gets served so fast, that we sometimes not had enough time to munch on our salsa & chips...lol. i think the prices are very reasonable & portions are large . all around a great dining experience. last but least, i absolutly love their new authentic mexican furnishings & decor . staff was nice in explaining & even show photos of where it came from. huge upgrade from what the restaurant looked before. bravo , you folks did an amazing job ! all around great food , friendly staff & beautiful decor !!!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

We went on a Thursday night and it was busy. I'm thinking they weren't expecting such a crowd as they were under staffed. The wait staff was smiley and friendly as they worked and I appreciate that. We tried to order a margarita off of the menu , the server said ok, another person came out to ask again, we told him and he left. Finally another person came out and explained they don't have a liquor license now and we can't order it! Not A huge deal but something to be aware of! Once we ordered our food, it came out very quickly and was really good. We got very large portions as well. The kids meals were $4.95 each and decent portions as well. Warm chips and salsa are also on the table to enjoy! We love that!
We did have to hunt someone down to pay but it was still pretty busy.
All and all, we will go back again. I read they have a couple nights a week that kids eat free (or cheap, sorry I forget what days)