“Old-school supper club with lots of history!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Soups
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Deocrah, Iowa
“Old-school supper club with lots of history!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

I've been here about 5 times, now, and I'm never disappointed. If you and your family enjoy the old supper club vibe, you will love this place. Great drinks, good food, good service, a soup and salad bar with HOME-MADE "salads"--it's all here. People watching is nearly as entertaining as your own company: families, single folks, outdoorsmen and women, birthday parties, date night couples--everyone finds the TeePee the place to be! One last thing: if you eat your meal at the bar, they give you a little wooden "tray" to set your food on. It helps create a tabletop between the bar and the bar's padded arm rest. So cool!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

“A disappointment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

We were there on February 13, it was busier than we expected, and there seemed to be only one waitress in the place. We were stunned at the absolute lack of ambiance, it was stark and boring with plastic table cloths. The salad bar is just basic iceburg lettuce and the common go-withs. I had walleye, my husband had scallops, the food was good although it was sitting on the counter for a long time before the waitress finally brought it to us. There was a little black bug flying around above my food, where did that come from in the winter. They had some kind of cranberry bars on the buffet but they were too hard to eat. If we're spending around $50 for two dinners and two drinks, I'd like to be at a place a lot nicer than this, so on our return trips to Tomah, we will not be coming here.

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Wisconsin
“Not what we expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

Recently we were traveling through Tomah and saw the Tee Pee Super Club. It looked kinda neat from the outside so we decided to stop. We got seated right away but then it took a while to get our drinks and order. The waitress was friendly but seemed a bit frazzled. My husband commented that it looked pretty busy and she said that the kitchen got slammed and it didn't go well. (people not getting the right orders, extremely long wait, that kind of thing) I didn't think the salad bar was very good, but we actually did not wait long for our food to come. My husband and I both ordered steak and it was cooked just right. Part of his order was wrong which the waitress quickly fixed. Over all the atmosphere was not what I expected. The main dining area looked pretty nice, but where we were it looked like it could use some updating.
If we were back in Tomah we would probably try somewhere else. There was just nothing that stuck out as fantastic, service was friendly, food was alright, atmosphere meh. Just an average restaurant.

Visited February 2013
Skokie, IL
“Great food, service, and price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

There are a few mixed review Ed's Tee Pee, but it is a typical Wisconsin Supper Club. We had two steaks (no drinks) and our check was $42. Where can you beat that price for a good steak.

Visited February 2013
Austin, Texas
“Have loved this place for years.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

Food is consistantly excellent. My parents and grandparents have eaten at this place for years; it's really the only game in town for, as they say in Wisconsin, Supper Club dining, The bar pours family style, don't bother to ask for a double. Nice salad bar. I'm from Texas and know what steak is all about: these people do great steak.

Visited January 2013