“Better than the buffet”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I like the shrimp/chix hard noodle even though it is not the real hard noodle. We were shocked to see the Egg Foo Yong with dark and red sauce as it usually comes with light brown gravy. The Kung Pao chix came with red sauce, a surprise again! We really think that they use wrong sauce for the dishes.

We visited this place a few times until we found better similar place in La Crosse and we rather drive to La Crosse to enjoy better chinese food.

1  Thank Clairey_world

Reviewed June 9, 2013

dumplings/pot stickers are a little thick, and don't have enough filling in them. Crab Rangoon are folded instead of pinch pocket style... both were fresh, cooked properly and still good and had good flavor. Really good house special lo mien, shrimp were slightly over cooked, but it was still very good with excellent flavor. You can always request dishes to be prepared extra spicy. I have tried Chinese all over the country (NYC, L.A., Miami etc) I would rank this place higher than average considering the location. If I were comparing to china town in NYC, I would say it's average. But in the middle of Tomah WI it's above average. I will go back and I am looking forward to trying a variety of dishes.

2  Thank passportnmoney
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

The food here was below average quality, quantity was good. Got the General Tsao,s chicken, was a little overdone but had no spice to it. The soup had a slightly scorched taste to it. Was not very good compared to other Chinese food we have had over the years.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Friendly, fast and good service. Wait time is near to nothing. Remebers your face. Good and hot food. Checks to see if all is going well and can take a doggie home if need be. You get a great deal of food.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

The staff was great. Maybe a little overwhelming at times actually. Decor nice. FOOD WAS JUST OVER SALTY, OFF FLAVOR, AND BRIGHT (HOT CHEETOS) RED.

I WOULD AVOID THIS PLACE. I wont go back. The happy family had 1 shrimp, 2 pieces of mystery meat, 2 scallops, and couple of vegies and tons of liuid red salty sauce.

The general Tso's chicken was just about the worst we've had anywhere. Breading was bad and the dish had no flavor other than salt.

Yuk. I gave it 2 stars because the place was CLEAN for chinese. I hate buffett, but they serve better chinese at a buffet than this place. YUK. Avoid. Seriously... sorry folks. I cant imagine people liked the terrible sauce that came with the food.... It was so salty I had a terrible headache after we left.