“Affordable and friendly.”

Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Tomah
Colorado
“Affordable and friendly.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2011

We stayed here for an unexpected visit to the area. The staff were friendly and helpful, the rooms were well air-conditioned (a big plus in July), and rooms came with what we needed such as iron, fridge, etc. There were a few minor issues with our stay, but nothing too significant.

• Stayed July 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Oxnard, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2011

We would leave our room at 8 am and return around 2 and the room was even touched. Frist day we just got towels the rest of the stay we had to put a sign on the door "Please Clean".
One morning I had to make the coffe and fill in the sugar ect... The girl behind the front desk was in the back we had to call her for any questions.
Also there were some railroad workers staying there and they would go in and out the doors all night long ( due to drinking and smokeing outside our window).
Would have been nice if someone from the hotel wouild have told these men someting.

A credit would should have been given to me since I had to ask for ceaning everyday

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Tomah hotels

Englewood, Florida
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,841 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2011

Tomah, Wisconsin was on our route to Milwaukee, so we decided to spend 1 night there. The Super 8 Motel was very clean, the staff were extremely friendly, breakfast was as advertised (which is not always the case) and the room spacious and well serviced.

Room Tip: We used a coupon from a tourist magazine
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mamamia70
TomahSuper8, Manager at Super 8 Tomah Wisconsin, responded to this review, May 25, 2011
Thanks so much for taking the time to fill out a review. We take great pride in our hotel with great service and clean rooms.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2010

We did not have a reservation and arrived around 11pm during hunting season enroute from Chicago to North Dakota. The older man behind the front desk was very friendly and was able to accommodate us into a King room at a rate we were pleased with given the town was very busy and they were obviously close to being full because it took us a bit to find a parking spot!

They had a great continental breakfast which was the best part of the stay. This hotel is not flashy; but did the job for the price.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GWorldTour
TaraInn, Manager at Super 8 Tomah Wisconsin, responded to this review, December 22, 2010
I wish to take this opportunity to sincerely 'Thank you' for your gracious and positive response to your stay here at Tomah Super 8. You might like to know that Cal, the older gentlemen, has been with the hotel since the mid 70's. We have continued to upgrade our morning breakfast offerings and are very happy that you enjoyed your breakfast.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2010

we booked a king bed room months ago. We arrived very late this past tue pm after a long day at work & a very long drive. We were told at check in that no king beds were available & we'd have to take all that was left the handicapped room w only a queen bed. The clerk bragged that a corporation had booked over 30 rooms & took all the rooms w kiing beds. She went on to brag that the hotel was booked well into oct w military personnel & corporations. She tried to make us feel like we were lucky to even have a room, even though the room had been paid for months. I suggested a refund for the difference between queen & king bed, girl tried to tell me that the were same price. I've worked for super 8 for years, that is simply not true. The front desk clerk said she could not tell me what she was refunding since the reservation was through hotels.com. She was very rude. I have stayed at this place b4 and always had a great experiience.

• Stayed October 2010
TaraInn, Manager at Super 8 Tomah Wisconsin, responded to this review, August 13, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel on Trip Advisor. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for your unpleasant experience as a guest at the Super 8 in Tomah, WI. I realize how frustrating it must be when you receive a level of guest service that is below standard.
I have discussed these concerns with the front desk staff and they all understand how unacceptable this type of service is. Once again please accept my apologies for the inconvenience. We do hope that you will give us an opportunity to show you our improved service the next time you are in the Tomah, WI area.
Greendale, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2010

It has been at least four years since I have stayed at Tomah Super 8.
I found some very fine changes--
professional staff
patron centered
improvements in rooms--especially bathrooms; amenities--coffeemaker; refrigerator, etc. ; cleanliness; better set-up for continental breakfast with breakfast options.

My suggestions: (1) that more soap and shampoo be provided in rooms for two people. I had to request that we each receive a bar of soap and a shampoo. Only one set in a two person two bed setting doesn't work!
(2) turn down both beds, not just one. The maid service should be told there are two persons staying in the room.
Eileen Kazmierowicz

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
TaraInn, Manager at Super 8 Tomah Wisconsin, responded to this review, June 10, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel!
The entire "Team" at Tomah Super 8 really appreciates it when someone sits down and "rates" our hotel. Your feedback is a valuable tool for us to continue improving our services. Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with us here at Tomah Super 8 and hope you will stay with us again in the future.
Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2009

This was a terrible experience. My friend and I planned a girls' weekend. The room we were given through our booking was less than hospitable. If I had been a manager, I would not have even allowed someone to stay in it. One wheel of the bed frame was bent under at the foot of the bed causing the bed to drop substantially. They were unable to fix it that night. They claimed there were no other rooms. The roll away they offered was warped, too small (I'm only 5ft 6in), and shredded on the bottom so the foam of the mattress was exposed. When moving the bed to make room for the roll-away, sandwich wrappers were found under the bed. The fixtures were smeared and the top of the TV had stab marks in it. Then upon filing my complaint, the manager waited over a week to call me. Then I received unexplained additional charges to my credit card. The employees from the manager up to corporate were initially nice, then cut me off and basically hung up on me as I was attempting to obtain a resolution. Stay away!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank stephrz01
TaraInn, Manager at Super 8 Tomah Wisconsin, responded to this review, December 3, 2009
I would like to take this opportunity to respond to the unfortunate situations you incurred at our Super 8 in Tomah, WI. Your comments are very important to us. I have discussed your concerns with the staff and they all understand how unacceptable this type of service is. New and improved steps are in place so that these situations do not occur in the future.
We hope that you will give us an opportunity to impress you in the future.