“Good for quick overnight” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Tomah Hotel

BEST WESTERN Tomah Hotel
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Tomah
Warren, Ohio
“Good for quick overnight”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

This was a basic hotel in good location off highway. Staff was very nice and helpful. They called up to the room a short time after we checked in to make sure everything was okay. Bed was comfortable and the room and bathroom were clean. The only cons I would have would be that if you don't like noise from the air conditioning when you sleep this could be a problem as the system was loud. We had to turn the volume up on the TV. I don't mind the noise as I'm sleeping so it didn't bother me. The hotel offers free Wi-Fi in the room but it seems any time I stay with this hotel chain the wireless network does not work properly. This has happened to me many times before and the staff always claims they never have problems. (Must only happen when I stay). The problem was taken care of quickly but the next morning when I went online I had the same problem. If you depend on the wi-fi during your stay you might want to choose another hotel. Noise from the hallway was a problem in the morning. I think I heard every door on our floor close. The nice surprise for me was free breakfast at the adjoining Perkins. The hotel also offered a drink coupon for the lounge. Overall the stay was very good and I would stay again.

Room Tip: Stay in top floor to avoid overhead neighbor noise.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

We were very happy to be staying at this hotel. Not only was our room very nice, there was a Perkins Restaurant attached to the hotel. We didn't have to get back in the car on a snowy night to find something to eat. While we didn't go it, we walked past a little bar on our way to dinner. After traveling all day, we thought we would sit in the hot tub and was surprised to find a sauna to ease our achy muscles.

All in all, this was a great lodging experience at a decent price.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Imelda74
Skokie, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

Great value no surprises. We were traveling to Minnesota and wanted to get a jump so we book a room through “Hotwire” rather a chain web page (we are loyal to Hilton), because we did not want to spend a $100 plus for this night.
“Hotwire” gave this hotel/motel 3 stars and a 90% approval for $50 (plus $12.50 service and tax) which was a perfect price for the room and what I wanted to pay.
The Best Western is a bit run down, but clean and maintained to what I would expect.
We asked for a quiet room and was given one at the end of the hallway (mistake) the hallway is very long and with a suit case and cooler a very long trip.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

I haven't stayed at this property in many years when it was a Holiday Inn; I didn't enjoy it back then, but now that it is a Best Western, I can easily describe it as an excellent property. I stayed here on Christmas Eve/Christmas Day, and it's not uncommon to see people who have to work these holidays in not the best moods-- this was not the case at the Best Western! The front desk employee was extremely courteous, helpful, and just plain nice. The hotel was decorated for the holiday and the first impression cleanliness was great. This continued into my room which was pleasantly warm upon arrival. The bathroom was impeccably clean and updated. The bed was nice and comfortable. Added bonus-- the clean remote and nice update LCD TV.

I think this is an excellent place to stay in Tomah-- and the value is great too. I would highly recommend it to everyone. I will be staying here again when visiting family in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Oak Creek, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

I was driving from Milwaukee to St. Paul recently. It's a trip that should only take about 5.5hrs but unfortunately due to the weather and horrible driving conditions, I needed to pull over in Tomah.
I was so happy I was able to check in early and the room was ready. After the stress of driving in, not so safe driving conditions, getting to a warm comfortable room was very nice. I loved the AquaMer products and am trying to find them online. The hotel lobby was very quaint and decorated for the holidays. The bed was very comfortable and I love how the remotes are easier to clean. It was also a plus having Perkins connected!
What I have to rave about though is how helpful the staff was. I was leaving very early in the morning to get back on the road, and I needed help filling up my windshield fluid as I was not able to do it myself due to my disability. The porter had unfortunately called in sick, so the lady behind the front desk helped me with that! She could have made me wait and ask another guest or someone else, but instead she came right out to help (she was only away for a moment and there was no one in the lobby). I was shocked and so relieved that I didn't have to wing it or pull over somewhere else for that, as I was unfimiliar with the area.
I only stayed one night, for my unexpected "layover", but the staff went above and beyond for me...that on top of the comfortable room, I just want to say Kudos!
I would definitely stay again and would recommend this hotel!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

MAUSTON
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

Was ok not anything special jacuzzi and sauna were nice though need to check little details like remotes working and alarms not set on alarm clocks for five am to get out of the motel if going into town not very good have to go to other side of property not by entrance do to road set up

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple