“Stop for the night”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Tomah
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Having stayed in larger rooms I have become spoiled. This room of 240 sq. ft. was a bit small, but for one night is ok. There is a coffee maker, microwave and small fridge. The bed was comfortable, but noisey. The tv was excellent. Check in was a breeze.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stayed for several days and had a great stay. The staff were all very friendly and helpful, there treat you just like family. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Breakfast was good with everything you need. We would choose Econo Lodge if we are back in Tomah, WI.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are in the process of being renovated. This hotel is a little to expensive. The breakfast bar was good and the staff was more than happy to replace anything that they ran out of. i.e. coffee, batter for the waffles, etc.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We needed a place to stay on our way to Chicago and chose the Econo Lodge in Tomah, WI. We clean place, staff goes above and beyond the ususal to make sure everything is to your liking. The room was like being at home. Comfortable bed and sofa. Everything was clean, would recommend staying there. The motel is close to restaurants. Easy off and on the interstate.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Todd S
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I just stayed for five nights at the Econo Lodge in Tomah, Wisconsin. I have stayed there many times over the past 5 years. The staff is always friendly and takes the time to get to know you and makes you feel at home. From the entrance to your room the place is always clean. Housekeeping does a great job keeping the rooms looking great and they accomodate your schedule if you need to get your room cleaned when you want. Mary always keeps the FREE breakfast stocked and the hot waffles are fantastic. I will be back many times.

Mel R.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Mel R
kim r, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Mel,
Thank You for your kind words about our hotel. We love having you here.
I am glad you like the waffles and we are always willing to go above and beyond
to make your stay wonderful. See you next time.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

My room had all the conveniences I enjoy at home. My suite had a comfortable sofa to sit and
read my books. The signal on my Laptop was excellent. Used the refrig and microwave for eating in. Breakfast was great with good fresh coffee. I loved my stay here. Thanks for all you do.

Room Tip: Go suite on the first floor when available.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank DAVID C
kim r, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

David,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad your stay was enjoyable and your room was comfortable. If you are in the area again give us a call so we can give you the same great service and room. Have a great summer!

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Well at first sight when you walk in, beautiful fireplace, nice furniture, nice pool area,,ummmm
That's it... Well while walking down the hallway to go to my room I noticed how loud it is while walking down the hallway, and int my room. the floor sounds so hollow and so loud at the time I got my Room, inside was the same sound,, this hotel really needs to invest in installing new solid sub floors, where it never sounds so HOLLOW, then as i walk into my room, i turn around and what do you see? a 1980's TV , yet they have a nice flatscreen TV in the dining area, what a mislead of a hotel. But that's nothing compared to the old bed I was laying in, I'm 211 lbs, and I thought I was gonna drowning the bed!!! This bed caved in about 5 niches or so, it was hard to lay down and sleep or roll over,
I just wanted to sleep, so I slept on the floor,,
So what do you get for $55 at this hotel??
Bad sub floors, can't sleep in the morning ours cause in have to hear everyone walking around the hallway as you can feel it while sleeping on the floor in your room cause of a very bad bed.,,and then, while sleeping n that dirty carpet floor, you then have to watch tv that is about 30 yrs old, as you wake up in the morning, by woman yelling out and knocking on other visitors doors, yelling "house keeping" which started around 8 or 9 am...when check out isn't until 11am. I don't seem to understand why you have to start knocking on peoples doors between eight and nine in the morning it's stupid and uncomfortable, they should really start thinking about doing it at 11 o'clock when most people want to sleep til then. Very stupid. Then, when you want to go get breakfast, they only had small muffins, waffle, Two types of cereal I was like I can't believe what they have for breakfast this is a joke I just turn around And started walking back to my room what a waste of time,. So after not being able to sleep on a bad bed and then have to sleep on the floor being woken by people walking down the hall because of the loud echo, then Deciding to go get breakfast because I have to get up early by all the damn HOUSE KEEPING yelling, and then I noticed that the food was so bad it wasn't even really food, this is a joke and was the worst experience of ever had at hotel.. No when I see an Econ Lodge, I will have nightmares.
People save your $55 and go some where else...funny thing, this was a and still a family own business...like I always say in life, you PAY for what you get!!! You pay cheap, you get cheap!!!
It would of been more relaxin sleeping at a rest stop!!!

Room Tip: Ask to walk into a room,if you seen an old fricken tv, walk out,this is the hint that the owners don...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo