“I did not enjoy my stay at all. the front...”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Tomah
“I did not enjoy my stay at all. the front...”
Reviewed August 15, 2010

I did not enjoy my stay at all. the front desk staff was slow and rude, the room was not cleaned the way it should have been and the pool was small and crowded. I would not recommend anyone to stay here.

TomahCI_GM, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, June 3, 2011
“Thank you for your feedback. I apologize you had a negative experience at our hotel and I want to assure you that these issues have been addressed! The hotel has a new manager and many new staff members since your stay in 2009. Guest satisfaction is our main priority and we are always looking for ways to improve as well as making sure any issues get resolved. We hope with our continued efforts to improve every stay for our guests, you will stop in and see the improvements made and give the Comfort Inn another try if you find yourself in the Tomah area again.”

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Chico, California
Reviewed June 26, 2010

Price was right, staff very friendly--loved the room! Nice and clean. Pool and hot tub were great! Would definitely recommend this place to others and would definitely stay there again. Easy to find and conveniently located.‎

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank David A
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed February 24, 2010

Because of a snow storm, I wanted to stay overnight between Milwaukee and Minneapolis. I chose this Comfort Inn because of its location and my Choice Hotels Privileges membership. Will echo what others say: hotel chain provides a known quantity at a decent price, staff was friendly, and service was competent. My second-floor room seemed new/updated and there were no problems related to cleanliness or age. Staff was smart to have multiple large, hard-to-miss printouts notifying the pool and hot tub were not operating; I had no need/desire to use them, so this wasn't an issue.

Only minor ruffle was that it seemed the entirety of the hotel wanted to get on the road early, so the smallish breakfast area was crowded (most of which was associated with Fort McCoy) and there were no open tables at 6:30 a.m.

If you need them, several chain restaurants and a truck stop are within walking distance.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Beloit Wi
Reviewed October 8, 2009

We stayed here for Cranberry Fest, first the staff were very friendly and helpful. We arrived early and they offered a place for me to change into warmer clothes since our room wasn't ready. After changing they said if we wanted to wait 15 minutes we could get in our room. The room was a mess...There was mold in the toilet in several spots, the shower needed to be cleaned there were brown water stains all over it. The room had toothpaste or something smashed into the carpet and the rug was filthy along the edges. I don't think the edges of the room have ever been vacuumed. This all for $174 which is about $100 more than a normal stay, just because Cranberry Fest was on. People stay away you can stay much cheaper at the Wisconsin Dells and it is only a 45 minute drive.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
3rd Chaise to the Left
Reviewed January 31, 2009

I spend several nights a year at the Comfort Inn Tomah on business. The location is great. Over the years I've gotten to know the front desk staff and they are always friendly and welcoming -- kinda like family, but then I have a weird family.

Over the past several months they've done some remodeling in the lobby and some rooms.

I think the beds are very comfortable, but no one will ever steal these room towels...

Air in the rooms is very, very dry when the heat is on.

One thing they do -- that I wish other hotels would do -- is put a nightlight in the bathroom. There's nothing worse than a middle of the night blinding when you turn on the million watt bulbs that most hotels have in the bathroom.

They've expanded the breakfast now to include make your own waffles. Some day I'll get one of those right.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Only ice and vending is on the first floor by the office.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
Milwaukee, WI
Reviewed November 10, 2008

Right off the highway in the best retail commercial area in the area with indoor entrances, and no elevators for second floor. It is very quiet and safe. The place is slightly dated and worn on the edges. I have stayed here many times. The rooms are again fine, but worn. The free wireless internet connects just fine but is slow. The breakfast is the normal boring breakfast. But here is the great part, nothing is offensive or a deal breaker. The price is average and acceptable. Overall a good and average stay.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — The averageness
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank Miguel_WI
River Falls
Reviewed March 19, 2008

We decided to try the Comfort Inn after being disappointed so many times at the AmericInn in Tomah. We checked in with no problem, but the room's clock and over-the-bed lamps did not work. We went right down and told the check-in clerk and got another room. However, when we were coming back to the motel later on, we passed the same room and there was another couple who found the lamps and clock to be not working and were getting another room. Now, it was the same check-in clerk who knew the wiring was screwy, but still tried putting another couple in there. Lacks integrity if you ask me. I would think twice about staying there again for that reason. The rooms were okay, but kind of smelly and dated. I've been in much worse (AmericInn of Tomah).

• Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple