“A tired hotel... needs help”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Tomah
Colorado
“A tired hotel... needs help”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for one night betwen business trips. First impression: a sloppily-dressed associate who had me standing for 5 minutes while he organized cards of some sort before helping me. Then he checked me into my NON-smoking room, but when I got there, I didn't even need to open the door to know I wouldn't be staying there. It REAKED of smoke (Room 105). I went back to the desk and asked him when the hotel stopped allowing smoking - he said over one year ago. The room smelled like it was smoking yesterday! Then he put me in a second room that was marginally better. A third room was better and I gave up and stuck with it.

The hotel is noisy, but it does sit on a busy road. It definately needs to be renovated. But it provides all the things that other hotels of its class provide - a decent bed, a free hotel breakfast, and Wi-Fi. If you don't look too carefully, it will meet your needs. Just don't expect to be impressed.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Minot, North Dakota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2010

As Comfort Inns go, this one is barely okay...It is dated and worn in its decor and furnishings, and needs a total renovation...At the very least, it needs a thorough cleaning. Though the building has just 2 floors, there is no elevator, which can be a real problem when dealing with luggage, packages, kid's stuff, etc. I don't know how they get away with having no elevator...What about handicapped/wheelchair guests? I guess they're out of luck. As far as our room was concerned, when the maid cleaned our room after the last guest before us, she must have missed checking and cleaning the coffee maker, because it still had some coffee left in it...Ick. Also, and this is a biggie, when we were there, the building entrance door nearest our room, the rear entrance door, would not catch and lock unless pushed closed, which is a real security concern. I told the desk clerk about it when we checked in...She said she knew about it and that the maintenance guy was working on it (not that I could see, however), but the next morning when we checked out, it still had not been fixed...It had likely been left open like that all night long. This really bothered me, as anyone could have walked right into the hotel with the door ajar. Not good at all. The breakfast was nothing special...Pretty sparse. The only real plus was that the hotel itself is right off the interstate, and there are a number of restaurants and gas stations nearby, which is very convenient. All in all, if we are in Tomah again, we'll be staying somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
TomahCI_GM, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, June 3, 2011
“Thank you for your feedback. I apologize you had a negative experience at our hotel and I want to assure you that these issues have been addressed! All of the entrance doors have new closure devices to ensure the safety of the guest. Guest satisfaction is our main priority and we are always looking for ways to improve as well as making sure any issues get resolved. We hope with our continued efforts to improve every stay for our guests, you will give the Comfort Inn another try if you find yourself in the Tomah area again.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2010

I did not enjoy my stay at all. the front desk staff was slow and rude, the room was not cleaned the way it should have been and the pool was small and crowded. I would not recommend anyone to stay here.

• Stayed July 2009
TomahCI_GM, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, June 3, 2011
“Thank you for your feedback. I apologize you had a negative experience at our hotel and I want to assure you that these issues have been addressed! The hotel has a new manager and many new staff members since your stay in 2009. Guest satisfaction is our main priority and we are always looking for ways to improve as well as making sure any issues get resolved. We hope with our continued efforts to improve every stay for our guests, you will stop in and see the improvements made and give the Comfort Inn another try if you find yourself in the Tomah area again.”
Chico, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2010

Price was right, staff very friendly--loved the room! Nice and clean. Pool and hot tub were great! Would definitely recommend this place to others and would definitely stay there again. Easy to find and conveniently located.‎

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank David A
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2010

Because of a snow storm, I wanted to stay overnight between Milwaukee and Minneapolis. I chose this Comfort Inn because of its location and my Choice Hotels Privileges membership. Will echo what others say: hotel chain provides a known quantity at a decent price, staff was friendly, and service was competent. My second-floor room seemed new/updated and there were no problems related to cleanliness or age. Staff was smart to have multiple large, hard-to-miss printouts notifying the pool and hot tub were not operating; I had no need/desire to use them, so this wasn't an issue.

Only minor ruffle was that it seemed the entirety of the hotel wanted to get on the road early, so the smallish breakfast area was crowded (most of which was associated with Fort McCoy) and there were no open tables at 6:30 a.m.

If you need them, several chain restaurants and a truck stop are within walking distance.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Beloit Wi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2009

We stayed here for Cranberry Fest, first the staff were very friendly and helpful. We arrived early and they offered a place for me to change into warmer clothes since our room wasn't ready. After changing they said if we wanted to wait 15 minutes we could get in our room. The room was a mess...There was mold in the toilet in several spots, the shower needed to be cleaned there were brown water stains all over it. The room had toothpaste or something smashed into the carpet and the rug was filthy along the edges. I don't think the edges of the room have ever been vacuumed. This all for $174 which is about $100 more than a normal stay, just because Cranberry Fest was on. People stay away you can stay much cheaper at the Wisconsin Dells and it is only a 45 minute drive.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
3rd Chaise to the Left
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2009

I spend several nights a year at the Comfort Inn Tomah on business. The location is great. Over the years I've gotten to know the front desk staff and they are always friendly and welcoming -- kinda like family, but then I have a weird family.

Over the past several months they've done some remodeling in the lobby and some rooms.

I think the beds are very comfortable, but no one will ever steal these room towels...

Air in the rooms is very, very dry when the heat is on.

One thing they do -- that I wish other hotels would do -- is put a nightlight in the bathroom. There's nothing worse than a middle of the night blinding when you turn on the million watt bulbs that most hotels have in the bathroom.

They've expanded the breakfast now to include make your own waffles. Some day I'll get one of those right.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Only ice and vending is on the first floor by the office.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)