“Consistantly the best food in the northwoods.”
Review of Sankey's Pub and Grill - CLOSED

Sankey's Pub and Grill
Cuisines: American
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I'm glad Sankeys is finally listed on Trip Advisor. As stated in the title, this is by far, the most consistantly good restaurant in the northwoods. There are so many good sandwiches, it is hard to pick, but I always have to order the cranberry steak wrap at least once while I am up there. The regular steak wrap is also delicious. Randy takes pride in the quality of his meats. One time,the chicken wings were 'smaller' than he usually had and he was disappointed with the supplier and ended up giving us them for free. He cares about his place and customers. The sweet potato fries are the best I've had anywhere.
There is a bar that faces the lake with hummingbird feeders. Very pretty view. You can sit outside if the weather is nice.
If you want to get 'railed' and get a free tshirt...all you have to do is have a pint of 13 beers on tap.

Sankey's is known for their fabulous bloody mary's. The drink itself is the best mix I've ever had, but the drink is also accompanied by 15 ingredients which has the 'regulars' but also includes pickled asparagus and bean spears, beet, mini corn, pearl onion, pepper jack cheese, sausage stick...anyways- when we order the bloody mary's we usually don't have room for the sandwich and only order fried cheese curds or chicken wings to split as the drink is like a salad!

Sankey's is just South of town and well worth the drive.

1  Thank KraZe47