“No bugs here!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Thorp
Egg Harbor, Wisconsin
“No bugs here!”
Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

On the long haul from Green Bay to St Paul when we get a late start I usually stay at Hampton Inn Wuasau. We like dinner at El Nortena in Curtiss so I needed a hotel past Curtiss and Thorp was a good spot to pull off. Very nice rooms and at $89 it's $40 to $60 less than Hampton. Clean rooms with all the appliances. Bed is no great shakes but it's not bad. Quiet and no smells work for me. I'd come back again.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank CurtC972

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Dousman, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We booked 2 rooms on short notice for a funeral and were totally delighted with this hotel. Decided to stay here even though there was a very bad review. I do not know what place that guy stayed in but this place was very nice, very clean and the staff was very helpful and courteous. Plus the price was right. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 30, 2012

First off, I was not sure what to expect. My cousin lives in nearby Gilman and said that I would really like staying at the FairBridge Inn in Thorp. I was traveling with my wife and family. I read a couple bad reviews and was really skeptical.
I / we LOVED staying at this motel. It was exceptionally clean. The staff was friendly and even made us feel like family. The rooms were big and the bed was extremely comfortable. I slept better than I do at home.
VERY CLEAN and VERY COMFORTABLE!!! We went swimming and splashed and just had fun as a family. That was special. Breakfast was included with the price of the room and that was nice, too. My kids enjoyed making thier own waffles. We are looking forward to visiting our cousins a lot more often just so that we can stay at the FairBridge Inn in Thorp. I / WE LOVE this place!!!

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank Illinois6
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I needed a place to stsy while in the area and this was the best they had. I didn't check any of the bed and breakfast places. It was nice with pleasant staff. The only place to eat nearby is a local diner. All in all the place is worth the stay. The room was clean and staff was helpful. I will stay here again in the coming weeks on another business trip. The walls are not too thin as others say but you do hear some sounds from other rooms, but not any more than most other 3 star hotels.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper try to get a room at the end of the halls either down stairs or up sta...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Brian D
Union Grove, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 29, 2011

Always enjoy my stays here!!!!!! I have family in the nearby Stanley and prefer this hotel. As a mother am very picky where I stay with my kids and love the Cozy feeling and Clean rooms!!!!! Very surprised to read the neg. review "no sleep". We have stayed here many times and have never had a problem. Staff is always really nice, and the Manager always remembers us. Last time we went they even offered beer & wine.....along with pizzas. (This is a very small town, so it makes it nice when everything is cloesed at night) Last but not least, the continental breakfasts are actually really good :)

Room Tip: So far all the rooms I have stayed in are nice and clean.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank rachdav2000
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 25, 2011

I had read the review about the walls being paper thin but other reviews were good so we decided to take a chance and stay while in town for my High School Reunion. The people in the room next to ours kept us up all night. We should have complained but kept thinking they would settle down and we could get to sleep. The second night they were gone but we heard the people in the room above us walking, stomping, until almost midnight. This hotel has very little, if no, soundproofing between walls and floors. Other than that,the pool was so dirty...

Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank denverduggan
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 28, 2010

A friend and myself stayed at this hotel when we were in town for a special event. The room was great, the price was what we expected, and they had many additional items and services to make our stay great. The desk staff went above and beyond and were kind and friendly throughout our entire stay, the breakfast had a nice array of foods, and the whole facility was clean and well kept. I would suggest to have fresh fruit at breakfast, and I would have liked to see a "night time snack" as some other hotels/motels have. But overall I believe that it is a great place to stay.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
3 Thank LiteTraveler59843
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thorp
Rodeway Inn
#1 of 1 in Abbotsford
Home Motel
Home Motel
#2 of 2 in Abbotsford

Been to FairBridge Inn & Suites Thorp? Share your experiences!