“Good food horrendous service”
Review of The Bone Yard Pub & Grille - CLOSED

The Bone Yard Pub & Grille
Cuisines: Barbecue
midwest
“Good food horrendous service”
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Stopped for lunch woth 3 others prioer to golfing during the week this week. Sat at bar and we ordered drinks and lunch. The female bartender was rude from the beginning. Never checked on our drink refills until at least a half hour into our meal, never brought us silverware, and even when I asked for a water refill it took literally 5 mins. This eatablishment has never been known for good aervice but this was awful. I live in this community and it is a shame. Boneless wings were delicious but I will not come back until this reputation changes.

• Visited October 2013

De Pere, Wisconsin, United States
“Great Place for family meetings”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Our party of over 40 gathered for a post funeral dinner on a Thursday eve without a reservation. A few members of the family frequent this location and knew the wait staff helping us. The prices are very reasonable. We received excellent service. Facility is exceptionally clean. I asked if they had to call in help to assist our party and was told staff members volunteered to stay late. I ordered a bacon cheeseburger that had guacamole, bacon, pepper jack cheese and lettuce and tomato and it was absolutely delicious. I don't normally eat leftover burgers but did the following day. A member of our family was pregnant and we tried the deep fried pickle spears and they were quite tasty. I will definitely return for another family gathering while traveling to visit relatives. Very nice that there is a private dining area for large groups.

• Visited August 2013
Pewaukee
“Good for drinks but not for ribs.....”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Dined at Bone Yard the other day, ordered their ribs (1/2 slab thankfully). Ribs were "meaty" enough but TOUGH and over cooked, charred to point it was like eating chunks of charcoal. I asked for their honey roasted garlic sauce, looked like it was painted on the slab. Had the ribs been properly prepared the probably would have been good but they weren't ........

Service was VERY, VERY slow. Our server (we ate in bar area) was polite enough and kept us updated but it was RIDICULOUS how long we had to wait for our food. She also discounted our bill/check by taking off my beer as an attempt to make us (me) more satisfied.........didn't work!!!!!

I wanted to complain to the manager about the quality of food and service but my date wasn't in the mood to hear me rail on him/her so we passed on that opportunity.

Since I had a lunch planned for meeting a former work associated I decided to CANCEL plan to go to Bone Yard and go somewhere else in light of my dining displeasure.

BTW, I've eaten at Bone Yard before and had a so so experience........this one was a "why go back" experience. I've resolved to only go there for drinks from now on..

Rating is more a reflection of food quality than anything

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank James T J
“Good food and great service. Reasonable prices”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We were a group of four on a weekday night for dinner and drinks. Great experience. Service was great. Tap beer was flat but cheap.

Dousman, Wisconsin USA
“Slow service”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I was part of a group of about 20 women who had about an hour for lunch so we preordered our meals. We made sure they were aware we had a tight schedule for lunch, yet it took 35 minutes for our food to be brought out. So once we had the food, we had to eat quickly and couldn't really enjoy it.

I heard no complaints about the food. The portions were large. The sweet potato fries were excellent. The restaurant is quite large and new and if you have time to wait for your meal, it would be a nice place. Although we did notice that people who came in after us were served before we were.

I wasn't able to stay and wait for the bill to come out but just left my money. I heard afterward that it took quite a while to get the bill and settle up as well.

• Visited February 2013