“Great lunch!”

Breakwater Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 87 Restaurants in Superior
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Superior, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great lunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

What a great place for lunch (dinner or breakfast is also awesome!) We had the spaghetti and meatball lunch special 10/31 and it was wonderful. Service was great, the place is clean and I love that it is locally owned. I also noted on the sign, that because today was Halloween, all kids ate free! What a nice touch for a local establishment to add to the day for little ones. Everyone is friendly. An excellent choice when passing thru the area or for those of us who live here, to grab a meal morning, noon or night!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank JoAnne L

Joliet, Illinois
“Great value, great food, and lovely local ambience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

What a welcome sight was this family restaurant with very tasty food and friendly staff! We stayed in walking distance and chose you because of your clean neat exterior and name. We were doubly pleased by that beef stroganoff for the evening meal and the hearty breakfast the next morning! I liked your nautical decor, which was so apt for your location!

• Visited June 2012
Denver, co
“Fine family restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2011

A fine place. Had a good meal, family atmosphere. Locally owned, I believe, so perhaps a bit nicer atmosphere than Perkins et al, but that kind of menu.

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank agolddog
Tampa, Florida
“Decent food, friendly staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

My first day in Superior, I drove around looking for a place that wasn't fast food and didn't look like a bar. We happened to drive past the Breakwater and saw that it was a family restaurant. It was around 3pm, so it wasn't busy and fairly quiet inside.
We were very hungry and ordered the fried cheese/veggie appetizer. It was nothing fancy, but hot. The kids' meals weren't so exciting, but the included fruit was a nice alternative to fries. My son also enjoyed the chicken and rice soup. I was happy to find a few vegetarian options on the menu and went with a simple flatbread sandwich. There were also salads and an alfredo dish that sounded good.
Overall, I'd return. I wouldn't go out of my way to do so, but I was satisfied. The kids weren't satisfied and that's why I rate the restaurant average. They are 'foodies' who actually know a good meal when they have one. Also, the decor is quite dated, but everything in the area seems to be. It's a comfortable enough place with a good menu. It's not fancy, but has decent diner-type fare with a some good extras.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank traelee

Been to Breakwater Restaurant? Share your experiences!