“Good and inexpensive, but needs updating”

Upper Deck Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #69 of 89 Restaurants in Superior
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

If you dine at the Upper Deck in Superior, you will find a variety of food at a reasonable price. I was at the restaurant at lunchtime, and there was one staff member working the front of the restaurant - she kept up, but she probably would have appreciated help.

The decor in the restaurant is very dated. If the owners update the decor, the restaurant would probably attract more diners.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

We went there for a valentines dinner for the steak and lobster meal. I specifically asked for my steak to be well done no pink. When I cut it open it bled all over the plate, I then had to flag another waitres down to grab ours, took then another 10 minutes to get it and when they brought it back out it was completely burnt on one side and the other side was bleeding. Needless to say I didn't eat it. Our waitress didn't say one thing about not even sorry. We won't be making any more trips over there!

1  Thank Jkpduluth
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We were hungry when we walked in, happy when we left. We always get prompt service when we are there. Service with a smile. We ordered a turkey dinner and Rueben sandwich with fries. One soda and a few beers. The salad bar is also very good. We are going back again soon.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

I ordered a salad and that was fine but nothing special. The chicken pieces in the Oriental Chicken salad were small and fried (an option for grilled would have been nice). The veggies in the salad were fresh. It didn't "wow" me. My husband had the lunch buffet. He liked it but the fried chicken wasn't crispy. Their veggie soup was good according to him. It could use some updating inside as there was a strange smell (my guess is the carpeted areas are the cause).

Reviewed May 27, 2013

My husband and I decided to visit here because we had a coupon and we had never been here before. We chose the Lunch Buffet. The salad bar was very fresh and crisp with many choices of dressings. The soup was hit and miss, but there we three different kinds. The buffet entrees of the day were Chicken ala King and Pork with gravy. Both the entrees tasted delicious, although the buns were a little dry. They change the entrees every week. It is a definitely stick to your ribs, type of food that my husband would go back to when we have our next coupon.