“Nice place to eat.”

Upper Deck Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #69 of 89 Restaurants in Superior
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I have mostly gone here for lunch. They have a great little buffet that works out nicely if you like to pick how much food you want. It's not a large scale buffet though. Each day they have a specific different food for the buffet. There is usually always mashed potatoes and gravy, and then a couple main dishes only (like chicken, Kielbasa, country steak, or enchiladas, etc). So when I go, I always look to see what the buffet has for the day, if I like what is on deck (and I usually always do) I then take the buffet. You get a nice said bar with that as well. Some days I don't feel like the buffet and I'll order off their menu. The selections and food quality are always good and the prices are where I like them. This is a good place to go.

1  Thank Justluck

Reviewed June 13, 2012

My boyfriend's parents love this place. She loves their liver and onions. He loves the senior discount and chatting up the pilots flying in because he used to be one. The service is friendly and since they are regulars, the staff knows them. I had the salmon and mashed potatoes. It was the worst I've ever had. I had to drench the salmon in tartar sauce. It was dry and tasted like cardboard. I couldn't eat the mashed.potatoes and it's my favorite food. It came with the salad bar which wasn't impressive either. Iceberg lettuce and pudding were some good examples of what I'm talking about. Certainly not fresh food.

2  Thank DogWalkerMinneapolis
Reviewed January 21, 2011

Their buffet is amazing. Yum yum. Also the clubhouse is to die for. I would love to eat here again.

Reviewed July 5, 2009

This is an old-time locally-owned family-type restaurant. Salads are OK but the thing to order is meat and potatoes type comfort food. It is very good for Sunday lunch/brunch. It is off the main road near the small local airport. The one thing the Upper Deck offer that other restaurants don't is the view of skydivers who parachute in almost on the grounds of the restaurant (only during the summer, of course, and you have to sit near the windows on the airport side to see them.) Fun place to go for that.

2  Thank Midwesterner007
Reviewed June 8, 2008

We initially discovered this little restaurant through a coupon. We've since eaten there several times when we visit Duluth. It is an unassuming restaurant situated on an airfield (Bong Field). There is wonderful food and wonderful service and very low prices. A special treat is the blueberry pancakes that they serve for breakfast. Highly recommended!