“Good Pizza”

Ranked #1 of 87 Restaurants in Superior
Cuisines: Pizza, Brew Pub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Description: Thirsty Pagan is a lovely little brewpub. We brew all of our 16 different taps with 7 house specialties, and rotating 9 seasonals and one hard apple cider guest tap. Our gourmet pizza is made to order with all fresh ingredients. We are open at 11:00 in the morning until we close at night. Our kitchen just happens to be open 11 AM until 10 PM
Dallas
“Good Pizza”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We were finishing up our vacation road trip/visit relatives trip before turning south for Dallas and Texas heat. This night we were hungry and wanted something close to the hotel. The person at the desk recommended two or three places but said the Pagan had fantastic pizza and everyone who ate there bragged about it. I sort of wanted something fishy since we were by THE Big Lake, Lake Superior. The downtown was so tore up, redoing the streets, we couldn't get around very well, and the one place I saw coming into town we could not find. We were not in the mood to look very hard. It so happened we drove right past Thirsty Pagan Brewing. It was recommended. I like beer but not the flavored yuppie sissy beer. Good pizza I do like. There was my wife, special needs daughter, 8 year old granddaughter, and me. Well kids like pizza, wife likes pizza, I like pizza, we were hungry, and we were here. It was a good stop. Good food and the service was great. None of the beers interested me but their beer "coaster" collection did. They had coasters from a lot of beer companies in Germany. I drank a lot of beer all over Germany in the almost three years I went to school there, so I saw past memories, even if foggy, hanging on the wall.

• Visited July 2013

Kearney
“Family brew tour”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Staff is friendly. Had a flight of 9 beers which was a good way to try them all before determining which pint. Had food. Salads are awesome and so are the mushrooms. Quaint.

Visited July 2013
San Antonio, Texas
“Fantastic Beer!!”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Not to be missed in in area. Fantastic craft brewed beers, Pizza, and cool place. I go every time I'm even close to Superior.

• Visited July 2013
Minneapolis, MN
“Great little Brewpub”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

The Thirsty Pagan was fantastic. The pizza's were fantastic. The beer was even better. Try the brown sour beer, it is great. Ask for a tour from Steve the owner, he is great.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank UnkleTomas
Madison, Wisconsin
“This place is worth going out of your way”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Very good beer quality and selection. Everyone is welcome here. The brew pub is in an old creamery with tiled floors and walls and very tall ceilings. The pizza is also worth making a visit. It has a thicker crust, but very good ingredients and sauce. Live music almost nightly (it seems from my two dozen visits), but not too loud for an enjoyable, casual meal.

Visited May 2013