“Good Pizza and Beer!”

Ranked #2 of 89 Restaurants in Superior
Cuisines: Pizza, Brew Pub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Description: Thirsty Pagan is a lovely little brewpub. We brew all of our 16 different taps with 7 house specialties, and rotating 9 seasonals and one hard apple cider guest tap. Our gourmet pizza is made to order with all fresh ingredients. We are open at 11:00 in the morning until we close at night. Our kitchen just happens to be open 11 AM until 10 PM
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Visited Thirsty Pagan Brewing based on recommendations on Trip Advisor. The pizza was excellent. I like a thick crust but only when it's cooked correctly. This crust was cooked to perfection! I'm glad we got the small pizza because it was perfect for 2 people. The beer was good too. I like the Derailed Ale and Lawn Chair brews. Will stop again if in the area.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

The atmosphere of this restaurant is like no other, eclectic - not your typical brewery / pizza place with family seating area and a bar area. The pizza was outstanding - better than any other that I've tasted; the service was beyond outstanding. The owner even came out and gave us a tour of the place.

1  Thank Donald L
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I was in the area for business, and thought I'd give this place a try. The deep dish pizza is fantastic! I tried 2 different types of their beer, and both were very flavorful. Everyone who works there is super friendly, I felt very comfortable. There's a lot of old beer signs and lights which are realy neat. Great prices! Great all round experience.

Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

Try the pizza, you won't be disappointed and we found it to be better than Pizza Luce and Vitta Pizza. But you don't really go to a brewery for the pizza, though they'd be a heck of a pizzeria.

We tried three of the beers on offer and we liked them all. My wife, who doesn't like hoppy beer, enjoyed the hand pumped English Mild, along with the North Coast Amber. I like IPA's and ale's and loved the India Pagan Ale and the Derailed Ale.

We realized too late that they offered a sampler flight of beers, but it's on our must do list for our next visit to Superior/Duluth.

This place is a gem, so check it out, they'll appreciate your patronage and offer great service.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

We were in the Twin Ports to celebrate my 50th birthday with family and friends. The beer is so good and the pizza has never disappointed us. We always order whatever the special is. This time, it was cajun shrimp pizza and butternut squash pizza. Both were incredible! Steve and the staff made my birthday a very special one. We enjoyed one of the beers so much we came back the next day for one more pint. I cannot say enough good things about "the Pagan". I only wish there another location in the Twin Cities!

1  Thank justdesserts9