“I honestly would never recommend this place to anyone!”
Review of Anchor Bar

Anchor Bar
Ranked #2 of 87 Restaurants in Superior
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
“I honestly would never recommend this place to anyone!”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Very surprised this was on diners drive ins and dives! Horrible service and food! Not a place I will recommend or return to again.

Hudson Iowa
“Lots of character, good food”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Definitely been around a while. Service wasn't the best but the food was great and the price was right. Had the green olive & cream cheese hamburger. really good along with the flies.

Visited July 2014
Ashland, Wisconsin
“She STUCK her dirty FINGER in my FOOD !!!!!!”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

I ordered a cream cheese and green olive burger at the Anchor Bar. My order arrived late and it was wrong. My burger only had cream cheese and no green olives on the bun. I asked if they were out of green olives and my waitress said no. The waitress forgot what I wanted on my burger and brought me a plastic container plum full of cream cheese with green olive. That waitress fixed her mistake and said sorry. I was happy, only for a short moment, then ... S#it hit the fan.

I didn't even get a chance to add the correct toppings to my bun and another waitress approached me. She pointed at my side dish of cream cheese and green olives and said, " That will be another .75 cents, that will be another .75 cents and again, that will be another .75 cents". I had paid for my meal in advance, plus a 1.75 tip, so I wasn't going to pay another .75 cents for something I ordered. Well I never answered the waitress and she STUCK HER FINGER IN MY PLASTIC SIDE DISH OF CREAM CHEESE AND GREEN OLIVES. I then proceeded to keep my cool, not say any thing negative and I pushed the cream cheese / green olive back to her. I really wanted to throw all my food at her and walk out the door, but I kept my cool. This waitress was totally unprofessional and should be FIRED !!!! Really. This has to be the worst waitress on the planet! It's a shame, because this place has some really nice waitresses. Why they keep this lady around is totally beyond me.

I appeared on the Drive in, Dinners and Dives t.v. show that was filmed at the Anchor Bar. I take back all the nice things I said about the horrible place.

I could say other bad things about this place, that I've witnessed over the years, but I won't.
I think I'll contact the HEATH INSPECTOR instead !!!!

THANKS FOR NOTHING !!!!

This review is 100% truthful. I work in the hotel industry and I've sent hundreds of people to this place, but not no more. This place SUCKS !!!!

Save your money and go some where else. Just trying to save you the HEADACHES !!!!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank 12345JEFF
Rosemount, Minnesota
“Lots of hype, above average food and great atmosphere”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

This little hole in the wall gets all the hype in Superior. It has been featured on tv shows and written about in the media.

The food is very good if you like ultra greasy burgers and fresh cut french fries. The problem is, the food is not unique enough to set them apart from other burger joints. IMO, the best part of Anchor Bar is the atmosphere. It is a small seedy little building in a remote industrial neighborhood. Inside, it is almost like a lair. Very dark. Uneven floor with step ups into seating. Walls full of books and board games. festive lights dangling around the bar. A partially visible kitchen that originates that wonderful greasy waft.

It is a great little joint in a neighborhood your mom and dad would have warned you to stay away from.

Centerville, Utah
“Food”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

They viewed this place on diners, drive ins, and dives and the food was great. Nice atmosphere and the service was great.

• Visited July 2014

Been to Anchor Bar? Share your experiences!