“fair quality friendly staff”

Best Western Bridgeview Hotel
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Superior
Reviewed December 6, 2013

good place to plan a kids party, enjoy ur stay. good place for business, quality priced. excellent breakfasts. waffles breads, beagles,good coffee,hard boiled eggs, danish, oatmeal, very well presented and taken care of.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Dennis E
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Bridgeview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2013

Dear Dennis E,

Thanks for choosing our hotel and sharing your great review. I'm glad you and your family were able to relax and enjoy your time with us. We are proud to provide excellent service and accommodations at a reasonable price and pleased to know you found us to be a good value. I hope you will let us serve you here again.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Fabulous family friendly hotel -- excellent for the travelling family on a budget! We have stayed here MANY times and will return whenever we are in the area! Good clean rooms, standard breakfast and very nice personable staff!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank neelysam
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Bridgeview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear neelysam,

Thanks so much for returning to us and for sharing your comments. Its guests like you that make our jobs of providing excellent service and accommodations very rewarding. We really appreciate your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back and serving you here again.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Bridgeview Best Western in Superior is, I think, the best deal in town. Good attentive staff, nice pool, ample breakfast, and even a free week-day happy hour! The location is great for getting around - I always stay here when in the Twin Ports.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Friendly service, clean comfortable large rooms, close to most amenities. Easy access to expressway. Lots of parking. A good value for your dollar. Enjoyed the nightly meet and greet - food and drinks - very nice.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We reserved two rooms at this older motel on the base of the "high bridge" in Superior. Years ago this was probably the best place in town, but these days it is showing its age. That being said, the linens and rooms were very clean. The rooms were very quiet including the room on the highway side, that was a pleasant surprise. Service was polite, not overly friendly. Price was decent for this midweek October stay. The pool seemed decent. The decor was dated. The free breakfast was one of the highlights, with lots of choices and very, very clean. All in all I would recommend, but just know what to expect.

Room Tip: I would avoid rooms overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank NorthOCTraveler
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Bridgeview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Dear NorthOCTraveler,

Thanks for staying with us and posting your review. We want all our guests to be happy they chose to stay with us and want you to know that we do have a major remodeling project planned for early next year. I hope you will like the changes and improvements we make the next time you stay with us.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

We were unable to find an affordable room in nearby Duluth on a weekend. The hotel let us check in early which helped with our plans. The pool area was large and the hot tub was HOT! The continental breakfast was typical fare, but good flavor and plenty of food. Room was clean and beds were comfortable. Nice to have the sink and mirror outside of the bathroom to facilitate getting ready with 4 people in the room. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Bridgeview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear Melissa H,

Thanks for choosing our hotel and for posting your review. I'm glad we were able to accommodate you, and that you were happy with the service and accommodations we provide. I hope you will be our guest again on a future visit.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

A colleague and I stayed at this location; the price was decent for a weekday/weekend stay. We were poolside, so it was an even better deal. However, that was one of the few redeeming quality's here. Upon check in, I was greeted by a friendly staff who quickly checked me in and gave me easy to follow directions to my room. After parking, we proceeded through a side entrance to our room; first we had to walk through some sort of housekeeping obstacle course located near the soda machine. There were 3 housekeeping carts loaded with re-stocking items for the rooms, tons of used/soiled towels on the floor and the door to the laundry room was wide open; no one was inside working. We arrived at our door loaded down with luggage and computers only to find that neither key would work. My colleague went to the front desk and soon came back with the friendly front desk staff; she tried both our keys as well as her master key; nothing worked. She sent the maintenance guy to our room and he proceeded to change the batteries in the door lock mechanism; he admitted they knew it needed to be done, should have been done, but was not done and yet still rented the room.
We used the pool and hot tub the first night. The safety bars on the pool and the hot tub had one loose handle....on both, the left handle. It is inexcusable to not have those fixed. While trying to relax in the hot tub I looked down only to find it full of sand. While I do not blame the hotel staff for this, as there were many "working men" staying there and I suspect it was from them, I do think it is the hotel staffs responsibility to encourage/enforce the rules that their guests shower prior to entering the pool area. The room itself was clean and roomy, the walls are a little thin and we could hear our neighbor snoring loudly.
I doubt we will be back again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Bridgeview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Dear DeniseF6,

I am very sorry you were disappointed in us during your recent stay and offer my apologies. We want to provide all our guests with the best service and accommodations and take it very seriously when we find we have fallen short. I have address the housekeepers and maintenance teams to attend to the things you mentioned here, and appreciate your input. We would like the opportunity to make amends, and hope you will contact us via kenjacobs@zmchotels.com, so we can attempt to make this right for you. I will use your review in discussions and training to improve our operation. I hope you will give us another chance to earn your trust on a future visit.

Guest Relations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Superior
Hampton Inn Superior Duluth
#8 of 31 in Duluth
Park Point Marina Inn
Park Point Marina Inn
#1 of 31 in Duluth

Been to Best Western Bridgeview Hotel? Share your experiences!