“The Place to Stay”

Best Western Bridgeview Hotel
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Superior
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Bridgeview Best Western in Superior is, I think, the best deal in town. Good attentive staff, nice pool, ample breakfast, and even a free week-day happy hour! The location is great for getting around - I always stay here when in the Twin Ports.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Friendly service, clean comfortable large rooms, close to most amenities. Easy access to expressway. Lots of parking. A good value for your dollar. Enjoyed the nightly meet and greet - food and drinks - very nice.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We reserved two rooms at this older motel on the base of the "high bridge" in Superior. Years ago this was probably the best place in town, but these days it is showing its age. That being said, the linens and rooms were very clean. The rooms were very quiet including the room on the highway side, that was a pleasant surprise. Service was polite, not overly friendly. Price was decent for this midweek October stay. The pool seemed decent. The decor was dated. The free breakfast was one of the highlights, with lots of choices and very, very clean. All in all I would recommend, but just know what to expect.

Room Tip: I would avoid rooms overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank NorthOCTraveler
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Bridgeview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Dear NorthOCTraveler,

Thanks for staying with us and posting your review. We want all our guests to be happy they chose to stay with us and want you to know that we do have a major remodeling project planned for early next year. I hope you will like the changes and improvements we make the next time you stay with us.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

We were unable to find an affordable room in nearby Duluth on a weekend. The hotel let us check in early which helped with our plans. The pool area was large and the hot tub was HOT! The continental breakfast was typical fare, but good flavor and plenty of food. Room was clean and beds were comfortable. Nice to have the sink and mirror outside of the bathroom to facilitate getting ready with 4 people in the room. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Bridgeview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear Melissa H,

Thanks for choosing our hotel and for posting your review. I'm glad we were able to accommodate you, and that you were happy with the service and accommodations we provide. I hope you will be our guest again on a future visit.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

A colleague and I stayed at this location; the price was decent for a weekday/weekend stay. We were poolside, so it was an even better deal. However, that was one of the few redeeming quality's here. Upon check in, I was greeted by a friendly staff who quickly checked me in and gave me easy to follow directions to my room. After parking, we proceeded through a side entrance to our room; first we had to walk through some sort of housekeeping obstacle course located near the soda machine. There were 3 housekeeping carts loaded with re-stocking items for the rooms, tons of used/soiled towels on the floor and the door to the laundry room was wide open; no one was inside working. We arrived at our door loaded down with luggage and computers only to find that neither key would work. My colleague went to the front desk and soon came back with the friendly front desk staff; she tried both our keys as well as her master key; nothing worked. She sent the maintenance guy to our room and he proceeded to change the batteries in the door lock mechanism; he admitted they knew it needed to be done, should have been done, but was not done and yet still rented the room.
We used the pool and hot tub the first night. The safety bars on the pool and the hot tub had one loose handle....on both, the left handle. It is inexcusable to not have those fixed. While trying to relax in the hot tub I looked down only to find it full of sand. While I do not blame the hotel staff for this, as there were many "working men" staying there and I suspect it was from them, I do think it is the hotel staffs responsibility to encourage/enforce the rules that their guests shower prior to entering the pool area. The room itself was clean and roomy, the walls are a little thin and we could hear our neighbor snoring loudly.
I doubt we will be back again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Bridgeview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Dear DeniseF6,

I am very sorry you were disappointed in us during your recent stay and offer my apologies. We want to provide all our guests with the best service and accommodations and take it very seriously when we find we have fallen short. I have address the housekeepers and maintenance teams to attend to the things you mentioned here, and appreciate your input. We would like the opportunity to make amends, and hope you will contact us via kenjacobs@zmchotels.com, so we can attempt to make this right for you. I will use your review in discussions and training to improve our operation. I hope you will give us another chance to earn your trust on a future visit.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Screaming kids and chlorine smell was the bad part,, the rest,, the room was clean and had all the things in it, wifi worked,, breakfast was ok,, bagels were stale, there were plenty of places to eat if U were willing to drive out and find it,, loads of construction going on and detours were confusing,,, front desk clerks were nice,,,
would stay here again

Room Tip: want to get some sleep and peace and quiet,, avoid the rooms near the pool where the kids are scream...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear CloggieUsa2001,

I am truly sorry we disappointed you during your recent stay with us and hope you will accept my sincere apologies. Our goal is to provide all guests with excellent service and accommodations and we take it very seriously when find that we have fallen short. Your review will help us to improve the overall experience for our current and future guests. I'm happy to see that you will be staying with us again, so that you may see that your experience was the exception rather than the rule. We value all guest feedback, so please continue to let us know how we are doing. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact me via kenjacobs@zmchotels.com at your convenience.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

I wasn't really planning on staying here but it was raining and I was tired. The area didn't look too good (lots of bars/liquor stores in the area with young guys hanging around) but it was getting late and I didn't know where else I might get a place. This hotel has lots of buildings and I didn't want to get put into a building far from the main desk and I wasn't. I was however, put into a room that had a strong smell of mold that I couldn't trace to any one source. It didn't seem to be the bathroom, or the cooling system, or anyplace. It just smelled. But it was late, I was tired and hungry. So I went next door to the steak restaurant, came back, slept, ate breakfast and left. I did try to speak with the manager, Doug Petrin, before leaving but he wasn't available. He did call me later that weekend. He was very sorry for my problem with the odor and said the room is going to be remodeled soon and gave me a discount.

Breakfast is the usual Best Western fare but it is in a very dim room (relies on the sun, which wasn't out) and next to the pool so if kids start to splash you could get wet. If it hadn't been raining there was a nice courtyard area outside my room.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Bridgeview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear SusieLou,

Thanks for choosing our hotel and for posting your candid comments about your stay with us. I am sorry about the discomfort you experienced due to the odor in your room and hope you will accept my apologies, too. Doug is correct, we do have a major renovation planned and I hope you will stay with us again and let us know what you think of the changes we make.

Guest Relations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Superior
Hampton Inn Superior Duluth
#6 of 31 in Duluth
Park Point Marina Inn
Park Point Marina Inn
#1 of 31 in Duluth

Been to Best Western Bridgeview Hotel? Share your experiences!