“Rooms need upgrades”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Superior
Fruita, Colorado
“Rooms need upgrades”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

I wasn't really planning on staying here but it was raining and I was tired. The area didn't look too good (lots of bars/liquor stores in the area with young guys hanging around) but it was getting late and I didn't know where else I might get a place. This hotel has lots of buildings and I didn't want to get put into a building far from the main desk and I wasn't. I was however, put into a room that had a strong smell of mold that I couldn't trace to any one source. It didn't seem to be the bathroom, or the cooling system, or anyplace. It just smelled. But it was late, I was tired and hungry. So I went next door to the steak restaurant, came back, slept, ate breakfast and left. I did try to speak with the manager, Doug Petrin, before leaving but he wasn't available. He did call me later that weekend. He was very sorry for my problem with the odor and said the room is going to be remodeled soon and gave me a discount.

Breakfast is the usual Best Western fare but it is in a very dim room (relies on the sun, which wasn't out) and next to the pool so if kids start to splash you could get wet. If it hadn't been raining there was a nice courtyard area outside my room.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Bridgeview Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear SusieLou,

Thanks for choosing our hotel and for posting your candid comments about your stay with us. I am sorry about the discomfort you experienced due to the odor in your room and hope you will accept my apologies, too. Doug is correct, we do have a major renovation planned and I hope you will stay with us again and let us know what you think of the changes we make.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Eugene, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

If you are traveling with kids and want to stay at a place with an indoor pool you can turn your kids loose at, this is the hotel for you! For anyone else, avoid unless you enjoy screaming kids will midnight, strong chlorine smell, and a breakfast only those under 18 would enjoy.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Bridgeview Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Art J,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your candid comments. I'm sorry if you were unhappy with any aspect of your stay an hope you will accept my apologies. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact me via kenjacobs@zmchotels.com at your convenience. I hope you will give us another chance to gain your trust on a future visit.

Brainerd, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

Affordable suite I loved it! Nothing fancy but still very nice. Bed was awesome, breakfast was fresh and generous, employees were helpful, Taylor at the front desk was very helpful when we needed help getting into our room. Place was very quite. Its the kind of place that deserves more business.

Room Tip: the king suite is awesome!
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

I recently stayed here for three nights on business. The hotel is older, but they appear to be doing some minor upgrades like painting. The rooms are the standard size, but the bathrooms are tiny. The bed was very comfortable. There is a pool/hot tub but I did not try it out. There is a plentiful continental breakfast for several hours each morning which is nice. Last but not least is the nightly happy hour by the pool. I got 2 drink tickets per night upon check in for the drinks. There were plenty of booze, beer, and snacks. Great way to end a work day! I will definite stay here again when I am back in the area.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

I didn't know what to expect after reading some reviews on here but we booked this hotel anyway. What a nice surprise to find this hotel in a convenient location with nice rooms, comfy beds and poolside rooms! We arrived on a Wednesday late afternoon and they had happy hour going until 7 pm with free chili and FREE DRINKS! Yes, FREE beer and mixed drinks! Who does that anymore? The hotel was clean, the staff friendly and they allowed dogs at NO charge! We will most definitely stay there again. On a side note, if you're traveling in an RV (like we did) there is parking for that as well. Impossible to find downtown Duluth.

Room Tip: We liked the poolside room with seating right outside our window.
Spokane, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

This hotel is nothing special, and I felt it was over priced based upon the dated condition of the hotel. The décor is dated, the halls somewhat dark and carpets in the halls could use a good cleaning. There was no soap or shampoo in the room when I arrived, the shower was poor, but the bed was good. I assume that they can get the price because everything else I checked in the Duluth area was relatively high. The breakfast was very average, but there were two attendants who were cheerful and stayed on top of things to made sure there was lots of food. The young man at the front desk when we arrived was cheerful and helpful. The hotel also had a nice indoor pool area great for young families.

Room Tip: There is no elevator, so ask for first floor if you need one. If you have kids, you may want to ask...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Bridgeview Hotel, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Dave W,

Thanks for staying with us and posting your review about our hotel. I'm glad you found us to be a good value and appreciate your recognition of jobs well done by our team. I hope you will let us serve you here again.

Columbia Heights
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

Would definitely stay at The Best Western Bridgeview, always do, staff is very friendly, manager is great, the breakfast is excellent, rooms are clean and comfortable, offer special rates once in a while, if a mistake is made, they will compensate for it

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Bridgeview Hotel, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Judith A,

Thanks so much for sharing your comments about your many stays with us. We endeavor to give all our guests the best in service and accommodations and we appreciate your compliments and loyalty. We look forward to welcoming you back and serving you here on your future visits.

Guest Relations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Superior
Holiday Inn Express Superior
South Pier Inn on the Canal
Pier B Resort
Pier B Resort
#9 of 33 in Duluth

Been to BEST WESTERN Bridgeview Hotel? Share your experiences!