“A good place to stay in Superior!”

Best Western Bridgeview Hotel
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Superior
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This was a good place to stay in Superior. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Breakfast was okay, just wish there were more hot items. The pool & hot tub looked clean and inviting, although we didn't use it. The location is good, lots of dining options within walking distance of the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Bridgeview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments. I'm glad you were happy with our accommodations and location, and we look forward to the next time we can serve you here.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Bridgeview Hotel

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Stayed during the Superior Dragon Boat Festival. Rooms were updated and fairly clean. Breakfast was fine, little warm and humid next to the pool. Front desk staff could have been a little friendlier. Maybe thought we were a partying bunch since we were from a team. Good location to the race location and a lot of shopping not too far away (short drive). Overall decent enough place.

Room Tip: Go early for breakfast as it fills up fast and not many tables.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Bridgeview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during the Dragon Boat Festival in August - it was a great event for good causes, that everyone seemed to enjoy. I'm sorry you felt our service wasn't great, and offer my apologies. I will use your experience in discussions and training to improve our operation. I hope you will consider giving us another chance to earn your trust the next time you visit Superior.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

stay at the bridgeview every time we go to usa , just because its like home , staff know us, give us a break sometimes on rates, have a stay punch card , and are so good for kids to swim and parents get to sit by pool watch , interact with others and kids , breakfast is very good , alot of choices ,,,and they allow our pet with out any hassel ......love it

Room Tip: get a suite for the extra $ it is worth it , more so if you have kids ...2 rooms and 2 tvs so all c...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Bridgeview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Thank you very much for your loyalty and many visits. We love it when our guests are able to relax here and think of us as their home away from home. We look forward to continuing our strong relationship of service to your and your family for many years to come.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

We had wanted to stay in the Canel Park area of Duluth, but everthing was booked up, so ended up here. The outside looked dated, so I was a bit worried, but our room was very nice. We stayed in a King sized bed room. It was a large room, with a big flat screen TV, fridge and microwave. The room was very clean and nicely updated. It was just a short distance to Canal Park, so we ate dinner over there. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BadgerGirl_625
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Bridgeview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments about your experience here. I'm glad you didn't let your first impression turn you away from us. We are proud of our hotel, and currently upgrading all our rooms with flat screen televisions, new beds and carpet. We look forward to welcoming you back and thanking you in person the next time you want a great value and great stay in the Twin Ports.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Room clean. Breakfast good. Lots of choices, but waffles only hot food. Bedding and beds were excellent! Great pillows, great comforter, more like a costlier hotel. Easy to get to, right across the bridge on 535. Staff was very helpful.

Room Tip: We stayed on an end room, very quiet!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your stay with us. We want to provide all our guests with excellent value and service, and value all feedback. I hope you will be our guest again the next time you are in Superior.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights, clean,comfortable room. Nothing fancy or special about the place. Nice indoor pool area with basic breakfast around the pool. If you have a pool side room could be kind of loud. Staff was helpful and friendly at giving recommendations and information. Other than a gas station no other businesses near the hotel, have to drive to get something to eat, etc.
Would recommend to others.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Datman96
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Bridgeview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments about your recent visit with us. I'm glad you were happy with the accommodations and service we provide, and hope you will choose to stay with us again the next time you visit the Twin Ports.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Spent a night at the Bridgeview while in superior for a family event. It is a good basic hotel, but showing its age. Our room was ok, thought the bathroom was about the smallest I've seen outside of a cruise ship. The room was clean, they have a nice free continental breakfast and a nice pool area.

The one thing that really annoyed me was the batteries in the TV remote were dead, which I did not discover until I was in bed at close to midnight. Testing the TV remote should be done every day by housekeeping in every hotel, and the batteries replaced when they get weak.

So I get up, get dressed, and go down to the desk, to find no one there, and no way to summon anyone. After waiting for about 10 minutes, a woman finally showed up. I told her what my problem was. She rummaged around and found some batteries, took the remote from me, replaced them, and handed the remote back to me, without saying a word during the whole process. No apology, no real communication at all, other than she seemed kind of annoyed. I would have thought a "Gee, I'm sorry, let me replace them for you," might have been in order, but apparently not.

So, I guess I would stay there again, but I'll check the TV remote immediately upon entering my room. Also, the staff could be a little friendlier!

Room Tip: Whatever room you get, check your TV remote immediately!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Joe S
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Bridgeview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

I am very sorry for the poor service you received here during your recent visit, and thank you for bringing it to my attention. I will work with everyone here to improve our skills and professionalism, both in housekeeping regarding the remotes, and at the desk, so that every guest interaction is a positive experience for everyone involved. I hope you find that we have learned from you experience and that you will share your findings after your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Superior
Holiday Inn Express Superior
Comfort Suites Canal Park
Super 8 Superior WI
Super 8 Superior WI
#1 of 9 in Superior

Been to Best Western Bridgeview Hotel? Share your experiences!